Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • My ideal Land Rover
  • Duffer
    Free Member

Just seen this posted by a chap on Pistonheads:

Something about it looks very near perfect (aside from the spare not matching).

I’ve got a serious hankering for a soft top ninety.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cant see it …..

Duffer
    Free Member

Edited now. Bloody tablets…

Kuco

Be a pig to drive on the road with those tyres.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Whys that then kuco , other than the road noise – but its a soft top land rover … Hardly renound for its quietness

Kuco

Okay going straight but won’t be to good going around corners especially in the wet. Drive a L200 with all terrain tyres that can be a pig in the wet.

Other than that it is a nice looking Landy.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye lwb and no weight over the back would be a pig what ever the tire.

Stoner
    Free Member

needs a V8 though for that “four wheel drift” thang 🙂

A mate has put a v8 on a chopped range rover chassis with an S2 body.
    Looks like a tin of tuna but goes like a marlin.

Kuco

Stoner – Member
    Looks like a tin of tuna but goes like a marlin.

😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Stoner …. Stop it ….

Ive got a 3.5 su carbed v8 3 door disco 1 in the back garden …. And most of a ninety that needs a new engine in the front…..

Do i pull the v8 and put it in the ninety Which was my original plan Or do i leave the v8 in the disco , rip the (rotten)body off , chop the chassis and throw on a roll cage and hve fun + find a 300tdi for the ninety and use it for my tow truck ?

Duffer
    Free Member

It’s well known that LR introduced the Disco as a platform for distributing 110/90/Defender spares… V8 in the Ninety gets my vote!

While i’ve got you chaps here, i’d like to say how much i enjoy your respective Land Rover threads!

Stoner
    Free Member

t_r that’s how my mate had his for a while I think then put an old 200 in the disco and moved the v8 to the frankenrover. He’s got rid of the disco (it was shot) but kept the V8 for fun. Only does 500 miles a year, and that probably costs a bundle in fuel….

Will get a photo next time he has it out.

Trekster

Aye lwb and no weight over the back would be a pig what ever the tire.

During my early working life/apprenticeship we had a ser11 lwb diesel for a breakdown truck. In town there was a short uphill to T junction approached in 3rd flat out, brake, slam into 2nd, turn right and slam throttle to induce rear end slide 😈
    This was at the front door of the local cop shop 🙄
    Totally irresponsible but that was the teenage years of the ’70s”…….

backinireland
    Free Member

Trail rat google long ranger truck cab I.d link it but still can’t work this tablet

CountZero

Duffer, that’s a really neat little Landy, I like that a lot. Dunno about a V8, I’d have a 3.0ltr V6, possibly bi-turbo’d, to keep the weight down at the front, but with plenty of poke. And possibly slightly less chunky tyres, perhaps.
    Whatever, it just looks ‘right’ to me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

3.0v6 bi turbo ? Which engine would that be ? Tdv8 or an international tgv 2.8. A colleague of mine has a 3.0 straight 6 merc engine in his whitbred thug. It is a machine

Not a fan of the long ranger stuff – we did have a strange rover that the local blacksmith built – was cool

trail_rat
    Free Member

Whitbred thug – not his but similar

righog
    Free Member

Mine would be a short wheelbase, I had this for a long while not sure why I let it go.

Have a hankering for a toy like this.

CountZero

Lots of three litre V6 motors about, it seems to be possible to mate anything to a gearbox, and as for adding an extra turbo, that appears to be pretty common practice these days, instead of a super/turbo combo, like the VAG TSi motors.
    Why would it have to be a Land Rover/Range/Rover engine? Although the TDV6 would be the obvious choice,
    I’d probably see if I could fit a VAG V6 in, there’s all the Skoda and VW, as well as Audi cars that have them in.
    Of course, I’d have to take the advice of an expert, and I’d need the money as well… 😉

grantway
    Free Member

Be to cold for this time of year

My Ideal one, but no good for London

avdave2

Needs a 50 caliber mounted in the back.

Kuco

Wished my L200 was empty its always loaded with kit.

Always loved Land Rovers till I actually got to drive one for a while. Still think they make great works vehicles but wouldn’t like to own one as a personal everyday vehicle.

Though if I won the lottery I could slum it with a Bowler as a second car:)

CountZero

avdave2 – Member
    Needs a 50 caliber mounted in the back.

More appropriate in a HiLux, but I see where you’re coming from. 😆
    Wildcat! Woohoo!

CountZero

grantway – Member
    Be to cold for this time of year

Nah, sheepskin flying jacket and a Russian army officers Ushanka hat, heater on to heat yer toes, lots of silly fun.
    Provided it doesn’t piss down. I assume it has a canvas roof, or removable hard-top, in the event of heavy precipitation.
    I had a quick shufti for biturbo Diesel engines, and there’s a couple of 2.7/3.0 Audi A6 biturbo 250Ps engines on eBay for around £500, I’m sure one of those would fit, with appropriate gearbox adaptor. Lighter than a V8, more than enough poke, and oodles of torques, lots of fun.
    All I need is a lottery win… 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

2 seater….one for you and one for your boyfriend!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘My ideal Land Rover’ is closed to new replies.