Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • My Custom Crisp Titanium 29er
  • roady_tony
    Free Member

love it – nice job!

Saccades
    Free Member

nice, very nice. I would have gone for a metallic brown on the forks as opposed to the soft shine/matt effect you have going on there.

speccing colours from a book is a bugger because you have to hope the printer has gotten it right, powdercoater i used has actual samples treated, also alllowed me to see if it had the tefal pan feel/look i wanted.

recipher
    Free Member

You’re not wrong there. It’s is a bugger. The colour I wanted was actually RAL8017 Chocolate Brown.

http://www.colourcode.net/ral.php

It’s a lot darker than the colour I ended up with. I’ve no idea how it ended up like it did but what can I do other than get it resprayed, which isn’t an attractive option. I’ve just got to enjoy what I have.

I think I ended up with a colour more like RAL8003 Clay Brown. Hey ho.

recipher
    Free Member

My wife has a Scott Contessa with white/brown paint job and the brown is a metallic colour and it looks great. Maybe if I get knocked off again I’ll sort it out!

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I’m the guy who had

Much better then that other guys custom ti hybrid thing.

made. Some people liked it, many people hated it. I really don’t care because I love it. Actually, it’s soon to be in it’s summer guise with no mudguards, carbon forks and fat tyres, and I imagine stw’ers will find it more acceptable, not that it matters.
    Here it is in it’s winter guise in case you missed it.

recipher
    Free Member

That looks pretty damned cool. Built to work. I like the mudguards – proper mudguards, not these stupid flappy screw-on numbers.

There’s some nice touches there – the rear brake placement, the bars, the saddle (not my thing, but I appreciate it), the bend in the downtube to avoid the forks clattering off it.

Saccades
    Free Member

jeez, could you make that piccie a bit bigger, my psp is wheezing…

[/quote]but what can I do other than get it resprayed,

places like games workshop have paint “washes” as an over coat, could have a play. Or just ride it, the forks will replaced in 5 years or so and play with the colours bit before choosing. I specced a 456 frame up but went the easy route of mainly black with a tefal look frame.

for the lynsky, it looks ace and modern apart from the saddle, clashes for me but comfy i’d imagine.

Kuco

Nicknoxx, at the end of the day thats all that counts is that you like it and enjoy riding it. Who gives a **** what anyone else thinks 🙂

recipher
    Free Member

That’s what I’ll be doing (riding it). The colour looks cool in person, the decals will be here soon and the orange seatclamp is on the way.

For those interested, I’ve re-routed all the hoses and cables *inside* the frame/forks. I don’t know what I was thinking. Rushing it.

nosemineb
    Free Member

I think if you post a new build pic then youre generally wanting people to give nice comments, reassurance that youve built it well. Like i mentioned before if its something unknown/expensive/different then its bound to get a mix bag of comments.
    My recent new build did, just roll with it.
    It does make good reading though when you were getting all upset which creates more people to jump on the band wagon and have ago!!

recipher
    Free Member

I’m here all week.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Glad to hear it!
    I saw it on mtbr the other day to, your right they were friendlier but i stopped reading as it wasnt as much fun! 😀

recipher
    Free Member

I was second-guessing my choices, which isn’t a great place to be when you’ve spent all that money. I’m not now. Though, I might make the forks darker/metallic/orange at some point. We’ll see.

I actually think the biggest out-of-place thing are the cranks, since they were coloured that way to match a different bike. They are quite cheap to coat as well, so I might get them sorted at some point too. Just takes a while.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘My Custom Crisp Titanium 29er’ is closed to new replies.