Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MX tweed Valley
  • onehundredthidiot

Well it’s come to us. Several incidents of MX riders on paths and trails on the hills between inners and yair. All for proper usage. But they’ve been down raylees wood which is delicate enough in wet weather. How do we appeal for responsible usage?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Been happening for years down there apparently. Yair and Thornilee especially, and there’s precious little that can be done.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Before some other pedant says it, odds on they’re not ‘MX’ bikes.

Contact your local branch of the TRF? But they’re unlikely to be members, it’d be like complaining to the CTC about chavs on bikes on footpaths (in england for the pedants again) Or if you actually see anything illegal ring 101.

onehundredthidiot

SOAC says they’re not covered so without express permission of land owners they’re not supposed to be there but who can raise it as an issue on established mtb trails that are tolerated or can nothing be done and stuff we love gets trashed?

On my board at school all week I’ve had “They are the reason you cannot have good stuff” seems prophetic now.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

If it’s Scotland there will be no TRF (England and Wales only)

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Also if the bike has a headlight and a number plate it’s a trail/enduro bike and probably/possibly road legal – an Mx bike has no headlight or number plate.

onehundredthidiot

In my youth they’d be scramblers.

T

towzer

Dons flame proofs

Why not get them lots of centres built specifically for their sport (at no direct cost to them)where they can ride for free by simply evading parking charges ?

singlespeedstu

I’ve ridden an MX bike in the Tweed Valley woods. 😉

glasgowdan
    Free Member

No bikers have a problem with them being in the woods… The problems happen when the idiots among them ruin mtb trails that took hundreds of hours to build in a few runs.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

The problem with off road motorcycle use is that it is now under a sort of prohibition, as towzer makes the point that the off road motorcycle world has very few places to go and ride (mx practice tracks are limited and scary for begineers) maybe some “trail centre” type provision would help?

pondo

Illegal off roading has long been a problem, there’s an element that feels they have an entitlement to ride, and the upshot is of course that it creates bad press and makes it easier for legitimate tracks to be closed, penalising the legitimate riders. Illegal riders need a good hoofing in the slats, AFAIC.

onehundredthidiot

As I’ve said no issue with them playing, in fact some of our now mtb trails can be traced back to scramblers. But places like raylees wood took hours to build and two runs to make unrideable. (more damage than last year’s valehulia practice sessions)

singlespeedstu

in fact some of our now mtb trails can be traced back to scramblers.

I rode a British Championship Enduro there BITD.
    Started from Peebles.
    I wander if they’ve ever thought of starting an Enduro from Peebles again. 🙂

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I rode the British Enduro round at peebles – just about killed me…

bigjim

they’ve been a fairly common sight at the golfy the last couple of years, FC are aware, not sure if the police have the resources to do much though. Some friends came across one who’d tried to go down no social and was in a heap, and not very friendly.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MX tweed Valley’ is closed to new replies.