• This topic has 133 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Music that has enhanced a film scene
  • DezB
    Free Member

Nick Cave to the Australian film

Also did the music for the superb He’ll or High Water. There are some great bit of music in that film

RustySpanner

The original Picnic at Hanging Rock. Pretty much all of it.

An American Werewolf in London – great soundtrack and very funny editing.

MrPottatoHead

The church scene in Kingsman to Freebird. I thought that was excellent.

colp

Once upon a time in the West, the harmonica bits.

Kato

Ending of Inception..

timdrayton
    Free Member

another vote for ennio morricones gabriels oboe from the mission.

immortal beloved is a favourite of mine and beethovens life and music are woven into the plot.

anything by van gelis as per the kermode prog the other night (which was ace)

senorj

Two words…..Dirty Dancing!!!
    🙂

funkmasterp

I Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) from The Big Lebowski dream sequence.

The use of The End In Apocalypse Now.

Pretty much all of O Brother Where Art Thou.

High Plains Drifter and it’s freaky arse soundtrack

DezB
    Free Member

I was forced to watch Dirty Dancing! And it was … ok! A million times better than that Star is Born travesty!

sirromj

Beyond the Black Rainbow, just right from the start loved the music and visuals.

somafunk

Been said already but interstellar for the win, especially through a good system with a powerful sub, the scene where he drives away from the farm and then it cuts to the ship taking off……just awesome 👏. I can make my pictures on the wall move around, bounce books from the shelf and I can feel the air movement from the front port on my krk 12s2 sub from 8ft away…..very childish but it leaves you digging fingernails into the seat as you hold on for dear life.

slowoldman

<blockquoteanother vote for ennio morricones gabriels oboe from the mission.

Noooooooooooo……… Aagh………….

I love Morricone but not that. In my view the natives should have broken the bloody thing before he started playing.

Erm, I’m an amateur oboist.

Cletus

Don’t Stop Me Now in Shaun of the Dead

aweeshoe
    Free Member

Another impressive Clint Mansell score

zippykona

trap6
    Free Member

True Romaance soundtrack,especially the ‘Sicilian’ scene,Dennis Hopper’s character is about too get bumped off by Chris Walken,a wonderful operatic piece but with a senseless violent outcome,
    ‘viens Mallika sous le dome edais’ I believe.

the00
    Free Member

Big fan of the soundtracks to Wes Anderson’s movies

racefaceec90

racefaceec90

mark isham did an outstanding job for the soundtrack to the hitcher

teesoo

Heat has had a mention already, but I love the car chase scene with Moby”s cover of New Dawn Fades.

revs1972
    Free Member

Most of the tracks in Full Metal Jacket

Northwind

I don’t often slash a thread, but when I do, it’s with THE TOUCH

/thread

loughor
    Free Member

Apocalypse Now, Full metal jacket, Platoon and I’ll raise you a ‘Good Morning Vietnam’

bikebouy
    Free Member

Good call on Wes Anderson film scores, here’s the weather scene from Moonrise Kingdom (in my top 5 films of all time)

Gunz
    Free Member

I don’t know if this has been mentioned (can’t see video at work) but the score for Dunkirk really effected me. It didn’t seem to have any real stand out tunes but the quiet thrum in the background that permeated the whole film really built a sense of dread in me.

funkmasterp

Not a film, but The Umbrella Academy In Netflix has brilliant use of a pop song in just about every episode. Preacher and Fargo also have great soundtracks

RustySpanner

The Peter Greenaway/Michael Nyman collaborations were pretty special.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

An American Werewolf in London, in particular, the bit where the delicious Jenny Agutter is having a bit of rumpy pumpy.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Leonard Cohen . Natural born killers . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7knVDvbRJ30

Northwind

Gunz

I don’t know if this has been mentioned (can’t see video at work) but the score for Dunkirk really effected me. It didn’t seem to have any real stand out tunes but the quiet thrum in the background that permeated the whole film really built a sense of dread in me.

Ooh, good one. Ennio Morricone’s “The Crisis” as used in Seven Pounds had a similar effect for me- it’s a really beautiful, gentle song with constant glaring discordant notes just to let you never really settle.

But Morricone’s still no Stan Bush

jonnyyeti
    Free Member

Pulp fiction!

athgray
    Free Member

don’t know if this has been mentioned (can’t see video at work) but the score for Dunkirk really effected me. It didn’t seem to have any real stand out tunes but the quiet thrum in the background that permeated the whole film really built a sense of dread in me.

The link is a YouTube video that describes the use of the Shepard Tone in Dunkirk. A really cool audio illusion that makes it sound like the pitch is ever increasing. A bit like a musical barbershop pole. It was used to build up tension in many scenes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LVWTQcZbLgY

windyg
    Free Member

Top Gun pretty much most of it.

martinhutch

Local Hero. The Mark Knopfler score is pretty much perfect in every way.

Caher

O Fortuna – Carl Orff. Excalibur.
    The banjo face off in Deliverance is quite iconic too.

choppersquad
    Free Member

The opening scene of ‘To Live And Die In LA’ by Wang Chung.
    In fact all of the soundtrack really.

senorj

I’ll also nominate opening scene of Blade…. crystal method if I recall correctly…!

Btw,I did a little wee when I imagined dez watching dirty dancing,tapping his feet.ha
    &Good call raceface….

rmacattack
    Free Member

Not sure if ‘ Gladiator ‘ has been mentioned yet, I recall a few good scores in a few scenes.
    Also Terminator 1 and 2 when the main theme kicked in.

BillMC

Trainspotting and Easy Rider
    Memo from Turner in Performance was well chosen

Gunz
    Free Member

Athgray – interesting reading on the Shepard Tone, it certainly achieved the desired effect when I watched it.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Music that has enhanced a film scene’ is closed to new replies.