Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Multi-car insurance discounts – anybody managed to get a decent quote?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve tried with a couple of companies (online quotes), but not seeing any great difference. Is it a pile of shite or has anybody got their company to give a really good discount over two separate policies with separate insurers?

It’s a car and a van. Car currently with Tesco and Van with Churchill.

peterfile
    Free Member

Mondeo or Audi? 🙂

Admiral do a decent multi car policy, I sorted one out for my mum last year which seemed a pretty competitive price (although she was already with Admiral)

bails

I was quoted ~£500 and Mrs B was quoted £300 on seperate policies.

Went with Multicar and mine came down to £300, hers went up to £330, so I paid her the £30 difference to go with the Multicar policy!

(Both mid twenties, her in a French rollerskate, me in a 1.8TDCi ‘grandad’ hatchback)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mondeo or Audi?

Arse off! 🙂

khani
    Free Member

For us it was cheaper to get our own insurance separately and put each other down as a named driver,
    And weirdly it was cheaper for both of us with each other with a named driver than without
    I’m sure insurance quotes are done by a random number generator..
    Both 47, full NCD, nice postcode, on a drive..
    No Audi’s….

dooosuk
    Free Member

Cheaper getting individual quotes from Google Insurance when I checked mine and the mrs’ last month.

Previous years, with me having a different car the multicar was cheaper though.

P20

We had admiral as it was cheaper, not majorly cheaper, but worth doing. The renewal however was stupid. We ,a aged to get both cars covered for roughly half the multicar renewal. That included one of the cars being with admiral again

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure insurance quotes are done by a random number generator..

Yeah, getting that feeling too. And I know it’s nothing new, but plugging my details into my existing insurers’ webshites and getting quotes of over a hundred quid less for a “new” policy is miffing me somewhat. 😐

metal_leg
    Free Member

Admiral were the only company I could find which would align two cars on one policy. Everyone else offered 12 month separate policies for each car. One for renewal in Feb, one in August.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As it happens, one car is up for renewal on the 2nd Sept and the other on the 9th, so reasonably close together.

khani
    Free Member

My renewal quote was over £400,, I drive a Fiat Panda Diesel FFS!!!.. it dropped to £185 with a phone call..
    They just try it on I think.. 😕

TooTall
    Free Member

Tried it over a couple of years and could always find 2 different policies that were that much cheaper they were worth having over the convenience.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve been with Aviva for a while and they’ve always been cheap for me on single car insurance. They do a multi car policy, so worth trying them DD. However, I was quoted £700 for a Navara and £400 for a Mondeo Est, less 35% for my multi car discount etc etc.
    When I phoned up and told them I just wanted to insure the Navara, they instantly requoted £600, so the 35% off an overinflated quote was a bit of a con.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Multi-car insurance discounts – anybody managed to get a decent quote?’ is closed to new replies.