Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MUDGUARDS dude
  • Sui
    Free Member

I could think of no better way to make this sound interesting. I’m in need for full lenght type mudguards to go on the back of the missus new bike (i’m quite proud and also jelouse of this bike that i built). Is there an MTB version that will go 3/4’s way round the rear wheel that will also accomodate a 2.3 HR on the back. Annoyingly said bike will stick to the roads towing a trialer with kids in (hence the long guards).
    I’ve had a look on CRC and Wiggle, but to be honest i haven’t got a sodding clue what would fit the bike (Willow 2 on 26ers! 😕

cheers all

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

When you say MTB version do you just mean 26″ or you after ‘clip/band – ons’?

Traditional nut n bolt fitting:

SKS Chromoplastic 26″ P65’s .. may just do it esp as HR’s come up a little narrow.

jameso

Let’s see the bike then )

SKS are the best bet imo, but 65mm won’t cover a 2.35 that well. OK for a lightly-treaded 2.0-2.2 if fitted with a bit of clearance, the issue is they’ll jam with mud if using off-road tyres that clog.

SKS wide ATB guards

ads678

If the bikes only going on the road, why does it need a 2.3 HR?????

Sui
    Free Member

Jameso as i am a non computer geek who is meeja adverse i can’t post picci’s 🙂

Bike is looking good though!

BigKid – yes standard 26″ wheel moutnian bike – i think the frame has some holes on the drop outs Jameso will know as he designed the thing 🙂

stumpy01

Mudhugger?

jameso

tbh full length SKS may be a minor faff. p-clips for a front sus fork perhaps and the disc caliper is in the way at the back but that dropout does put the hole in a position that misses a lot of disc calipers, depending on where the stays need to go. Longer bolts and a spacer or a slight curve to the guard stay can help if not.

Sui
    Free Member

Ads good question. It’s because I can’t be added to spend any more money. The whole bike has been built up from my now defunct hustler, wheels and tyres included. I do have some slicks, but I’d like the option of ” borrowing ” the bike 🙂

James thanks for the thought, I’ll have a look and see what goes.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Any wide full length mudguard should do a pretty good job. Add a flap though to protect the kiddy trailer

fudge9202
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MUDGUARDS dude’ is closed to new replies.