• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jonwe.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mud mud glorious mud – show us your mud
  • jonwe
    Free Member

In honor of the muddiest weekend of the year, I’d like to see your bike + mud photos from this weekend.

jonwe
    Free Member

Try that photo again….

mud here

zippykona

Not the muddiest bit but a muddy bit with a dry bit to stand on.

snaps
    Free Member

Mud is one reason I commute using a Rohloff

jakd95
    Free Member

Mud – what single speeds are made for.

sefton
    Free Member

benp1

Cold enough for pogies, not cold enough for frozen ground unfortunately. Couldn’t make it through this muddy section, running singlespeed so unless there’s some momentum it’s not going anywhere – this is a freestanding bike!

[IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/ben_p1/8ED58F36-E306-40E2-A96C-89A26AFD8DD8.jpg[/IMG][/URL

19ninety
    Free Member

From spring last year:

jekkyl

benp1 which rear mudgaurds are those? are they attached to the seat stays?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Is there an RSPCA for bikes 😯

dawson

At this point the wheels were jammed solid and wouldn’t turn, it weighed twice as much as when I started and I had dragged it 100 metres to get past the worst of the mud.

It took 15mins of scooping great wodges of mud off the wheels before they would turn freely.

I was very close to a sense of humour failure…

benp1

@dawson – I had that on a ride I was on. I had to carry it to the road, and then spent ages scraping mud off the bike (and my feet) so the wheels would turn. I then rode home on the road. Rubbish

@jekkyl – surprisingly these mudguards get quite a bit of attention. They’re like a cheaper, prettier version of a mudhugger – Zefal RM29 deflector. I have one of my El Mariachi (above) and one on my Solaris. They attach to the seat stays. I run a dropper on my Solaris fine, and I also leave them on when bikepacking with a seatpack

dawson

@benp1 – yeah, what really topped off the ride was getting a puncture 5 miles later that took an age to sort as the tyre was that muddy I couldn’t grip it to get it off the rim!

I was not a happy camper!

benp1

That’s a kick, you’d have thunk the mud would have protected you!

chakaping
    Free Member

Had a weekend of beautiful dry trails and sunshine in South Wales.

Was a bit muddy round the bike wash I suppose.

superfli
    Free Member

A few years ago now

Bottom of Old Winchester hill. If you know the area, you’ll know this part! It used to be terrible in the wet. Fortunately they surfaced it last year.

jonwe
    Free Member

Ah. So we all like mud and i’m sure the rules say something about no mudguards under any circumstances but we’ve all got them fitted.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mud mud glorious mud – show us your mud’ is closed to new replies.