• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Muckynutz XL – anything else?
  • hora
    Free Member

For better coverage than a standard muckynutz.

singlespeedstu

Mudhugger.
    Rockguardz Mudguardz.

Ones cheapish and works ok the other is expensive and works well.

hora
    Free Member

Thats two more choices.

The issue with me is the longer the guard the more chance it’ll become twisted (bike dumped in boot with wheels off)

jam1e
    Free Member

A Muckynutz facefender combined with a gut fender do a brilliant job of keeping me mud free.

You can spend all you want but they are light and so far mine have been indestructable

hora
    Free Member

Muckynutz facefender

Already have that. So add a gut fender and bobs your uncle? Or would buy for the same price a XL sort the issue 99%?

jam1e
    Free Member

Yeah, my friend just got one after noticing that I had no mud down my front after a ride.

Gut fender is the answer!

jedi

mudhugger

iainc

A Muckynutz facefender combined with a gut fender do a brilliant job of keeping me mud free.

You can spend all you want but they are light and so far mine have been indestructable

+1.

Perfect combination and keeps my bespectacled face mud free through the worst of the gloop that winter west of Scotland mud can throw at me 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

The issue with me is the longer the guard the more chance it’ll become twisted

I’d look at that first – anything that gives you more protection is going to be larger. I just pack carefully – Mudhugger front and rear on my hacktail along with a Gutfender, works well. Maybe you need a new car… 😉

hora
    Free Member

No I need new careful hands 😀

superleggero
    Free Member

Powa Dfender on the front and mudhugger on rear here. Work very well and keep the mud at bay.

You will need to remove Dfender before putting in the car with the wheel off. It screws on/off with a supplied thumbwheel. No annoying zip ties. You need to buy the model made specifically for your fork.

Details: http://www.powa-products.com/

HindlePie
    Free Member

MudHugger

medoramas
    Free Member

Front Mudhugger plus downtube CrudCatcher.

gazc
    Free Member

for £2.99 this has been fine on my bike cheapo wilko downtube guard together with a homebrew muckynutz-esque fork guard

jaymoid

^ As gazc, I use a (diy) mucky nutz xl and a crud catcher 29er on the downtube. Gets the majority of the crap, odd ankle spray but generally pretty good.

hora
    Free Member

Gazc that seriously needs its own post/PSA. Its awesome and 2.99

Used it for the first time today around Calderdale/Hebden. Yesterday I had mud in my eyes and on my jacket- today none. Some on legs but that’s because they are lowdown

benp1

Am I right in presuming that anything on the down tube is not roof rack compatible (thule 591)

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’m just going to finish off making one of these after my tea. 75 pence at Ikea gets you a plastic place mat that could be made in to a “Muckynutz” 15 inches long were there room to fit it.

dantsw13

Benp – all the down tube fenders are held on with a bit of Velcro – very easy to remove for a bike rack.

hora
    Free Member

The Wilko one has rubberised clip straps too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Muckynutz XL – anything else?’ is closed to new replies.