Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB Skills books – suggestions please.
  • sv

Have read the 'Mastering Mountain Bike Skills' and whilst it was quite good did feel it a little basic. Any other suggested reading for the all mountain type of stuff we all do?

Edit:Probably didnt tick the right forum box oops.

glenp
    Free Member

The skills are exactly the same – the "all mountain" stuff you are doing (whatever that is) is not more "rad" than stuff Brian Lopes rides.

sv

Just using the AM label to describe an old quarry I use locally. There happens to be lots of singletrack around it with various climbs. All mountain without the mountain, if you see what I mean 😉

Maybe I need to re-read the Lopes one!

jojoA1
    Free Member

The Lopes one is brilliant. Master what's in his book and you'll be awesome!

Shandy
    Free Member

Everything is an extension of the basics in the Lopes one. There are only so many things that can go wrong and usually the cure will be in that book somewhere.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The Lopes book is the best, although there is a video which is well regarded, I think it's called The Essential Skills. Basically you need to become proficient at all the core skills in the Lopes book, which involves constant repetition until you become good at it and it becomes 2nd nature.

GTDave
    Free Member
    stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

the Ned Overend books quite good too – it won't tell you how to do particularly 'rad' stuff as it's written by XC legend , but it's still a good read and well worthy addition to anyones library

jedi

skills are seperate from techniques

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB Skills books – suggestions please.’ is closed to new replies.