Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • MTB Shoes
  • BillyBull
    Free Member

After a new pair. Prefer the race style rather than trail ones, and with a ratchet type closure. Who uses what? Anyone seen any deals?

woffle
    Free Member

Sidi Dragons for me – been using them for the last 2 years + and can’t recommend them highly enough. THat said they’re silly money so I’ve had to rely on luck + the classifieds…

tommytowtruck

Shimano M161 – plenty stiff enough, and pretty in white!

tang
    Free Member

Shimano 183n. As with any try before you buy if you can.

BillyBull
    Free Member

How much for the Sidi shoes……………oh lordy. Shimano looks the way forward possibly. But then again those Sidi ones do look bling.

giantjason
    Free Member

+1 for sidi dominators. mine have lasted for ages.

andrewy

I’ve had Bontrager RL’s for about a year and really like them. If I could afford it I’d have Sidi’s (I’ve got Sidi road shoes) but the Bontrager’s are a good cheaper alternative with essentially the same design.

stumpy01

Recently got some Shimano M086 and am really pleased with them.

rhys_gibby
    Free Member

BillyBull – I’ve got a pair of 2011 Specialized S-Works shoes in a size 44 which dont fit that i’m selling if your interested.

Specialized S-Works MTB Shoes 2011

JRTG
    Free Member

I’ve had Bontrager RL’s for about a year and really like them. If I could afford it I’d have Sidi’s (I’ve got Sidi road shoes) but the Bontrager’s are a good cheaper alternative with essentially the same design.

+ 1, Just bought a pair and for the dosh they are very very good. my spec ones finally died when the pedals wore the carbon sole away….

bigG
    Free Member

+ another one for Sidi Dominators, but try them on before you buy. I had to get a size 9.5 and am usually a size 8.

Garry_Lager

Carnac shoes have been the best I’ve used, stiff as a board if you like that road style shoe on the MTB. They don’t seem as popular over here though, so I’ve been using shimano in recent years. Absolutely fine, but very flexible in comparison.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘MTB Shoes’ is closed to new replies.