Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Please list the most antagonistic words/phrases you see on STW here
  • toys19
    Free Member

Elfinsafety, I know, so I come here to practise and learn. Ho ho!

konabunny
    Free Member

any phrase posted by single individuals with many, many logins.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Garibaldi buscits.

In popular culture
    Garibaldis are the favorite tea biscuit of DCI Gene Hunt in the BBC shows Life on Mars (TV series) and Ashes to Ashes (TV series). They are also mentioned briefly in the prologue of Meera Syal's debut novel Anita and Me. Naomi Campbell, a character in British teen drama, Skins is quite fond of them. In the Doctor Who audio episode The Stuff of Nightmares, the fourth Doctor has a soggy Garibaldi.

oh, I thought you said divisive. anyway, if stw had a biccie, it'd be the garibaldi.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Rail*Replacement*Service

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!.

yunki
    Free Member

'I think you'll find….'

Never has any small phrase dripped so much smarm and condescension.. It will drive me to base behaviour almost every time.

And FWIW.. TJ seems like one of the very few regular and frequent posters on here that just expresses a viewpoint without letting a massive egotistical need to entertain and show off to the class cloud his post with vitriol.. IMO

rOcKeTdOg

Phrases don't irk me, forum members who spout rubbish, genuinely thinking they know everything about the subject even though they have no experience of it and are just saying it to fit in I find mildly annoying

But by just checking the thread title its easy to avoid as you know the usual will turn up to impose themselves on it

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

'I think you'll find….'

+1.

It's good to use in a patronising and condescending manner, though.

donsimon
    Free Member

General attitudes wind me up, not specific words or phrases.

Edit: f*** off you thick s*** stirring c***! can often wind me up, I've got a degree, so I'm not thick!

chutney13
    Free Member

"in my humble opinion", if you were humble, you'd keep your opinions to yourself.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It's good to use in a patronising and condescending manner, though.

IMHO, I think you'll find you're talking utter drivel. End of.
    Ho-hum
    🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, well I think you'll find, see you right, you're just political correctness gone mad.

No, hang on, that's gone wrong somehow, hold on a bit…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

elfinsafety.

Its "political correctness living with mental health issues"

tut tut

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Please list the most antagonistic words/phrases you see on STW here’ is closed to new replies.