Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • MTB holidays near Nice / Provence with stuff to do for bike-reluctant kids
  • vintagewino
    Free Member

I am trying to build a combo holiday which ends in a week or so with my parents at their place near Gassin. I’ll get bored sitting on the beach for 2 weeks drinking Rose so I floated the idea of doing ‘something bike-y’ for a week before we get to the olds’ place. My wife is quite keen but not as into the bikes as I am. My kids (10 & 12), unfortunately, really aren’t into it at all. So – anyone have experience of anywhere within a couple of hours of Nice where you can ride bikes while the kids / wife chill by the pool? Bike rental is essential too. Cheers.

anono

Last year, I spent a week near fontaine de vaucluse, which this route passes through.
    Vaucluse long distance MTB
    I managed to sample a few bits of the trail – plenty of climbing, some nice descents and wonderful views. Bike hire was a bit tricky but managed to pick up a (just about) serviceable scott hardtail from here.
    Apt bike rental
    The area is great for a relaxing family holiday – I’d do a couple of hours riding in the early morning, then we’d wander round the nearby villages, have some time by the pool and finish off the day with a barbecue – pretty much a perfect holiday.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘MTB holidays near Nice / Provence with stuff to do for bike-reluctant kids’ is closed to new replies.