Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Mt Zoom Carbon Handlebars- Thoughts and reviews???
  • DanW
    Free Member

Hi all,

I am curious to try the 740mm flat bars from Mt Zoom and at £80 and 165g they seem too good to be true… my worry is that is exactly the case- too good to be true 😕

Does anyone have any thoughts/ experiences/ reviews to reassure? I remember being wary of KCNC parts when they first appeared but have be pleased ever since.

Other wide light bars to consider are Niner, Enve, Easton, Thomson. All of these are much more expensive at around £120-130 and slightly heavier at around 175g.

Thanks in advance, DanW

mattjg
    Free Member

Also Kinesis Strut.

DanW
    Free Member

Good spot, I hadn’t considered the Kinesis bars. Again, cheap and very light… I am a little wary though 😕

wellywheels
    Free Member

Mt Zoom stuff is fab! would defo recommend them! I know loads of peaple who use them and have all really liked them!

Super light, they look very nice to and dosn’t have the heft price tags of others!

DanW
    Free Member

The price tag is the appealing part but also the thing that puts some doubt in my mind. I have other Mt Zoom stuff too but can’t figure out how a smaller, lesser know company can produce light, safe bars at that price when Easton et al can’t compete on weight (price is of course understandable given the brand name)…

jonnyrockymountain

do they do riser ones same at 740mm??

breadcrumb

Exoctic do some too. Not as niche as other brands though.

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=94&p=1062&

DanW
    Free Member

Even more way of Exotic after seeing several other products fail. I always wonder if these and Mt Zoom, Kinesis come from the same factory…

tkirkus
    Free Member

Anthony White and Richard Rothwell just won our category at the Andalucia Bike Race with them. I’ll have to get some now : )

Tim
    Pure Mountains

fr0sty
    Free Member

Have been cranking hard on mine for a while now with no issues – riding singlespeed.

I’d def buy them again if I needed another wide, flat bar. 🙂

alwillis

Got some on my Whippet, really good impressions so far (only had them a few months with not much good riding). Raced on them a few times with some slight knocks and no issues.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Ive got the 640mm flat bars and love them! Ive done a 4 day mtb stage race, a 24 hour solo and a fair bit of general trail riding, all with no problems 🙂 .

DanW
    Free Member

Good to hear about some real world use. I’m sure they are more than fine but a little reassurance doesn’t hurt to overcome the mental issues I seem to have 😀

Jason
    Free Member

I have been using a set of the 740mm wide ones since the end of last year. They are on the front of my Epic 29er. I am very pleased with them. I am 85kg and have given them some tough rides around the Welsh trail centres and they have been great.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve had a set of their risers for 2 years. Still attached to the stem and holding all my controls! Would definitely have another set.

BenjiM

I’ve seen a snapped set of Mt Zoom bars. The KCNC XC Bone Scandium ones I have, haven’t gone that way yet!

25.4 Diameter
    Flat: 600mm. 116g. 0 degrees rise. 8 degrees sweep

Although they’re somewhat shorter than what you’re after!

IA

I’ve seen a snapped set of Mt Zoom bars

Just for balance like, I’ve seen a set of snapped easton carbon DH bars…

clubber
    Free Member

And I’ve seen snapped Ti bars.

Bars break. Especially carbon bars with numpties who over tighten controls on them. All the snapped carbon bars I’ve seen have clearly been where the brake or stem has been overtightened, crimping or denting the bar.

If you’re not hearing lots of Mt Zoom bars breaking (google for it) then it’s a reasonable bet that they’re ok. At least that’s my take on it because nowadays people complain online as soon as they’ve reason to.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mt Zoom Carbon Handlebars- Thoughts and reviews???’ is closed to new replies.