Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MSC Zion carbon ??
  • swainey
    Free Member

seen 1 of these in the bike shop today realy cheep (frame only)

anyone know anything about them? anyone got 1?

good/bad points let me know

swainey
    Free Member

bump

goat
    Free Member

Not tried the Zion but I have a koncept carbon which is a 90mm race full suss. Great frame, fast and super light, but, too light it would seem as hairline cracks have appeared at the top tube/seat tube jct.

Msc no longer trade in the UK so I'm trying to deal directly with MSC Spain about the warranty and not getting many replies to emails…

cheers_drive

A mate of mine races a Koncept and has had the frame snap and it's a tad flexy.

swainey
    Free Member

😯 oh

dickie
    Free Member

If your in the market for a light carbon full suss try Canyon.
    The Lux MR got a great review in What MTB. On their website there are 2009 discounted frames in the Outlet or a 2010 is about £1100ish.
    21lb full bikes with XO & Mavic SLR's are about £2800, which would be £5K if it were Scott, Giant or Spesh.
    Canyon Lux MR

njee20
    Free Member

MSC have already backed out of the UK market? They only lasted 20 minutes, that's a shame. Their frames look very good, although they do seem to have had some reliability issues. Dougal's got one, and it's very nice!

stew1982
    Free Member

I had an Alu Zion – great frame adjustable travel, rode brilliantly. Actually regret selling it to a mate, who now isn't keen to sell it back!

Never had an issue with the frame, have heard the carbons just as good, but lighter – how cheap? There not exactly cheap to start with!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MSC Zion carbon ??’ is closed to new replies.