Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MS Office for MAC – I have an annoying problem..
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Righty Ho.

I bought and downloaded Office for MAC, “niiioce” I thought, it downloads quickly, looks great for what I need and is more familiar to me than “Numbers” etc.

Damn if I have an annoying “Try Office 365” pop up that I can’t seem to get rid of. It just pop’s up each time I open my Air, and I go to the programme in the toolbar and hit “quit”.. I ignores me..

Anyone able to help?

geoffj
    bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ I thank you, more reading later 😉

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Welcome to the worst thing you can do to your Mac.

samuri
    Free Member

just for reference, I installed office on my mac and it’s been great. No problems whatsoever.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Outlook for Mac and Excel are the worst applications on mine. They regularly give me the beachball, whinge for updates weekly and Excel stalls when cells are copy-pasted over. Not cool.

The Windows VM I run also bloats over time due to the constant updates. Not great when you only have a 128GB SSD to play with.

geoffj

I’ve used Office on Macs for 10 years and rarely have a problem. The time they removed vb support from excel was a ball ache, but other than that its been fine. I’ve never made the mistake of trying to use Entourage/Outlook though.

johndoh
    Free Member

Had you tried Google Docs? We tend to use that now.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@johndoh – IMO Mac Pages is far better than Google Docs and Excel is better than Google Docs and for anything remotely complex better than Numbers.

johndoh
    Free Member

Fair enough, we only use it for very simple tasks and it is perfect for that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve also got a PC and wanted to transfer some Spreadsheets over to my MAC so I can play with them a bit more.
    Decided upon getting Office for MAC thinking it would be ok by now. To be honest Excel and Word are fine, it’s just this annoying popup that’s stuck smack bang in front of my screen shouting “Office” then giving me the option to enter my Key all over again. If I re enter it, the message just says “nope, can’t do that sonny” but the progammes work as mentioned…
    I did have a brief look late last night on the AppleForums page, but haven’t actually implemented any of the suggested changes, yet.

Still, interesting topic don’t you think? 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MS Office for MAC – I have an annoying problem..’ is closed to new replies.