Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mrs Q took a tumble.
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Mrs Q fell over on the ice at the back door, even after me sticking a note on it saying don’t go out that door for now and telling her.

Needless to say, she went straight down on her bum.

Should we be worried about the baby (bump) or not? She says she is fine and just hurt her bum a bit, baby is moving still and active.

I have no idea, the concerned side says go to doctor to be sure, realistic side says that it is probably ok.

STW input please.

craig1975
    Free Member

i think a wee call to NHS 24 is the very least you should do..

hope they are ok

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

If the baby is moving he/she is fine I’m sure – they’re very well protected in there. For your and Mrs. Q’s peace of mind though, why not ring the midwife so that she can tell you the same. I never had a fall with my bump but towards the end did open doors into it on numerous occasions!

Hope her bum is alright too!

EDIT – I wouldn’t bother with NHS direct – call your Midwife.

iainc

My wife fell in the ice a few yrs ago, a week before her due date, – very panicked and straight to hospital for a scan – all was fine, but the reassurance was very welcome

wwaswas

as above, call your midwife if you’re worried.

Babies are pretty protected by the amiotic fluid so it should be fine.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

The wife took a big fall right on her bump and all was well but I think the best things is to get it checked by the midwife… OR being a bloke, I think the best thing is to post a pic of your butt so we can all check thats still ok 😆 😆 😆

Marge
    Free Member

My lady learnt to snowboard whilst pregnant with our eldest, including falling hard enough to tear some shoulder ligaments.
    In retrospect it was stupid & the vacation had been booked long in advance & was expensive…

Amazingly well protected by nature fortunately but if she is concerned it’s worth the re-assurance of a medical check over just to reduce the nerves…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My mother fell off her bike when heavily pregnant with me. I am sure it did no harm

atlaz
    Free Member

Midwife and B&Q for a bag of salt for outside your door

Xylene
    Free Member

Midwife ok.

Bag of salt, from where? Prefer grit, but none around

MarkN
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

My mother fell off her bike when heavily pregnant with me. I am sure it did no harm

The jury may still be out on that 😉

B and Q, Home base or even your decent local high street hardware store may have some rock salt. The trouble is demand will be high so may not have it in. I have used straight table salt from supermarket at a push.

I hope bump and bum are okay.

Xylene
    Free Member

Fingers crossed my friend is up tomorrow night with some grit from work.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

table salt will work

simonralli2
    Free Member

We have been using dish washer salt from Tescos – apparently you are limited to 20 bags per purchase 🙂

TiRed

My wife fell down the stairs heavily pregnant. As already said, babies are well-protected. If it is still kicking fine, I wouldn’t worry. Midwife can listen to the baby, as can you if you seal your ear to her tummy.

Table salt and a shovel. You’ve been warned.

Xylene
    Free Member

i bought 75kgs of rock salt from Ebay, 28 quid delivered tomorrow evening.

Picked up 6kg of table salt at netto for 23p per kg.

After deicing last night it’s easy to see why she thought it was ok to walk along the path, ice sheet was about 2m long and 1m wide, you couldn’t really see it was there.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mrs Q took a tumble.’ is closed to new replies.