Home Forums Bike Forum Movelo cycle wear no more?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Movelo cycle wear no more?
  • didnthurt

Website goes straight to Evans Cycles site, is Morvelo no more?

nixie

It was sold to the hut group years ago as the founders decided to focus on their Overland brand.

13thfloormonk

Shame, the kit didn’t seem anything super special but I liked some of the styling, would have bought more.

didnthurt

Can’t find any website or clothing from ‘The Overland’ brand either. Shame.

ajantom

They were pretty good originally, and then went downhill (off a cliff!) once bought out.

Pity as I have a couple of tops that are still going strong from 5+ years ago.

ajantom

Can’t find any website or clothing from ‘The Overland’ brand either. Shame.

These guys?

https://www.overland-store.com/

fasthaggis

They were pretty good originally, and then went downhill (off a cliff!) once bought out.

Yup,styling was always ‘ok’ but materials ( shorts) were lacking,same as Le Col kit.

elray89
    Free Member

That’s a shame. In my purely roadie days they were my favourite brand – very high quality stuff for the price with some cool designs, and I ended up with quite a few jerseys from them that have lasted 6 or 7 years now.

I also bought some of their Overland “gravel” gear that was great as well. They did these “baggy” shorts which weren’t really baggy at all, but with all the correct pockets and mad amounts of stretch…as well as a cool tech hoody thing with a rad 80s design on the back. And technical lumberjack shirts!

But I noticed a few years ago the quality started to really deteriorate, even the printing was done with shit blurry sublimation and the zips were crap, and the fit changed to that ultra slim asian fit too. Was like AliExpress knock offs of Morvelo gear. And now it looks like Overland isn’t even making clothes anymore.

JoB
    Free Member

Morvelo was acquired by The Hut Group a while back and then the Frasers Group bought Morvelo (and ProBikeKit) off The Hut Group and decided to mothball it making the Morvelo founders redundant in the process. the Frasers Group also own Evans which is probably why you end up there now.

Overland has morphed into being more of an upcycling brand than specifically a cycling thing.

nickc

Used to be my go to MTB brand for all sorts. Once it was bought by the HUT group it just seemed to stagnate to a couple of lurid roadie tops and matching hats and gilets. I don’t blame the founders for cashing out, I hope they got a decent pay out, but they must have been disappointed to see what happened to the brand eventually. I’m sort of glad it’s finally been killed off, and I can stop hoping that it would ever get back to its former originality.

dovebiker

The Overland stuff was good – surprised they didn’t continue as it very much suited the gravel vibe – their shirt is really nice and practical.

chakaping

Looked great, but quality was generally mid, in my experience.

At least it sounds like it’s not folding as a going concern – with associated job losses.

BoardinBob

Annoyingly my social media feed keeps pushing Morvelo ads into my feed, despite them not existing anymore

tomhoward

Like their jerseys, socks and Bibs, shame they sort of fizzled out

mashr

Always felt they were on odd brand, 95% garish stuff with 5% really nice. Currently have a nice (not garish, and very ordinary material) mtb top, but also a big fan of their socks so glad I bought half a dozen pairs last year.

ElShalimo

If you liked Morvelo, try Stolen Goat or Galibier or Victory Chimp

PrinceJohn

Used to love their kit until we noticed that the women’s large size was smaller than a men’s small size. Which felt somewhat ridiculous.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I went off them when a t shirt I bought arrived with a tag and printed label in the collar carrying the ‘Stranger Things’ tv show logo. That and the fact the shirt itself was total crap. Played my face, got a refund and haven’t been back since (this was post-buyout, btw).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.