Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Motorway junctions you like?
  • Rich_s

Actually, my favourite is definitely M42 junction 4. And yes, I am serious.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Its a mess of a junction and terrible for commercial vehicles (who are cutting across two lanes of traffic all sitting in that blindspot where cyclist get killed) to get off at the slip road with the chicane) – and thats the improved version. Basically when they built the intersection between the M77 and M8 they didn’t include any facility for traffic reaching the end of the M77 to turn west or for east bound M8 traffic to join the M77. Prior to the the wiggly chicane thing under the flyover the motorway traffic in both directions had to leave the respective motorways a junction early and cut through Bellahouston, sending a 100,000 cars a day past the front gate of a primary school.

They also never thought any of us Ayrshire plebs would be wealthy enough to shop in waitrose just off the 77 in Newton mearns, so never bothered with a southbound slip. Actually, there is one, but they bloody closed it off.

Weejie bastards.

tthew

Sorry, slight delay in reviewing this thread.

which one? There’s two on the junction, and a couple more within a few hundred yards. Not underboozered that junction!
    Shirley there’s only one on the junction – Stretton Fox?

There’s also the Hollow Tree, (now renamed The Partridge) on the opposite corner of the roundabout plus the Ring ‘o’ Bells in Stretton on the south side and the Cat and Lion on the north. Has to be the most car-friendly pub crawl in UK!

Houns

jeffl

Heading anti clockwise on the M25 and coming off for the M40 westbound. Nice little loop that you can go round silly fast. Similar coming off the M4 westbound for burnham, J7.

CountZero

Heading north on the M5 then onto the M4 westbound there’s a certain satisfaction to be had getting onto the correct lane split and diving down and sweeping under several other decks and joining the flow of traffic on the M4.
    Until you hit the tailback caused by traffic trying to get onto the M32 into Bristol.

Rather an attractive junction in its way, with four distinct levels.

zanelad
    Free Member

M25 onto M11 heading north.

M25 to M40 heading West

M3 to M25 heading north

All great fun on a motorbike if the roads are clear.

MrOvershoot

CountZero – Member

Heading north on the M5 then onto the M4 westbound there’s a certain satisfaction to be had getting onto the correct lane split and diving down and sweeping under several other decks and joining the flow of traffic on the M4.
    Until you hit the tailback caused by traffic trying to get onto the M32 into Bristol.

If your hitting the M32 tailback your going eastbound on the M4 not westbound as that’s towards Wales?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

In my summer job, there was quite a competition to see how fast the junction at the end of the M5 onto the A30 could be taken.

I used to work with someone who reckoned he took it at 80 in a S2000. Sure someone will have done it quicker but seems quite fast to me.

scuttler

M1 J37 southbound. Quite the run up….

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

J9 of the M1. 10 minutes via the lanes and I’m home.

andy8442
    Free Member

Love the chicken at Bresse, but we always stop at the next services, Jura, even better.

Gary_M
    Free Member

They also never thought any of us Ayrshire plebs would be wealthy enough to shop in waitrose just off the 77 in Newton mearns, so never bothered with a southbound slip. Actually, there is one, but they bloody closed it off.

Weejie bastards.

Do you mean north bound or a slip road to get back on the m77 southbound? And the only closed one is near the interchange surely?

I’m partial to J44 M6.

hairyscary

M62 J12 heading West.
    Its nothing special, but when I get there it means that I’ve made it through the chaos of the M61/M60/A580/M62 interchange on my way to Wales.

fasthaggis

I give you M9 Junc 1a .
    From Edinburgh heading to the bridges ,it’s a great full circle to hoon roon on the motorbike.
    Funny to see the look on some drivers as they zip on to it from 70mph (ignoring the 30 max sign),then it just gets tighter and tighter. 🙂

NZCol

^ was going to say exactly the same junction (having looked it up). The ever tightening effect is lovely in a nice fast sports car as you squeeze the throttle on to a indicated 70 😉 Looking forward to the new bridge on Wed, will nip over in the evening for a ‘run’

fasthaggis

Col,I am on one of the walk overs on Sunday,looking forward to winding up some of the Fifers that I work with,they were fair raging that it wasn’t a free for all*. 🙂

*I agree,but would never tell them

tiggs121
    Free Member

This has a certain elegance.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

J36 on the M6 for me too – because it means I am nearly home 😉

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

J22 Ripponden M62 getting on eastbound, gotta love a shaky cattlegrid to get upto speed

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Motorway junctions you like?’ is closed to new replies.