Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Motorhead thread!!!
  • flip
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzpOnFgjc5Q&feature=related[/video]

flip
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ndbPUSYDQ&feature=related[/video]

Hairychested
    Free Member

Cracking stuff, thanks!

ken_shields
    Free Member

Killed by Death

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV6noHEd6XE[/video]

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOJdJkHKGik&feature=related[/video]

Edited to include badass bass solo!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Balls, can’t get the embed to work.

matthew_h
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02-77XI1Gs[/video]

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOeD32CSiY&feature=related[/video]

khani
    Free Member

brad0612
    Free Member

GOOD THREAD

bigyinn
    Free Member

Look for Assasin, Ramones, or Orgasmatron.

Not sure about the latest album. Not bad, but not their best either.

Northwind

Motorhead: Inspiring better bands since 1873 😉

They were bloody brilliant on the tour with the Wildhearts supporting mind. And stinkingly awful at Hyde Park.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Motorhead – stuck in a timewarp since the early 80s

Coyote
    Free Member

Motorhead – how rock and roll was always meant to be.

mudmonster
    Free Member

My first record was bomber sometime in the early 80’s. I still love the early stuff. But now they maybe have 1 or 2 ok songs on each lp. They’ll only stop when Lemmy dies and you have to give them credit for that.

Coyote
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45WnW0ASFY[/video]

Qwality!!!

mudmonster
    Free Member

Dudie
    Free Member

Best B side ever:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKx3ddaD8Mc[/video]

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Aparently an umlart over a letter should elongate the pronuncation, so it should righly be Motuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurhead 😀

RustySpanner

Motorhead – stuck in a timewarp since the early 80s

Have you actually listened to them since you saw them on the Young Ones TJ?

The only thing in an early 80’s timewarp round here is your view on the helmet debate….. 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqFoqtpUFY8[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

rusty – You mean these clips are not representative?

they really are not a load of outdated clichés?

RustySpanner

rusty – You mean these clips are not representative?

they really are not a load of outdated clichés?

They now do quiet as well as loud, Lemmy’s got new teeth and the
    fans have much less hair. 😀

See, PROGRESS!

audiophile
    Free Member

Computer numpty, no idea how to put a link up, We are the Road Crew please somebody.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb3zSgxMuug[/video]

Yes – its the same old clichés 🙂

Even by 1985 this was all rather passé In 2011? Oh dear retro tunes indeed

audiophile
    Free Member

Thanks TJ

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Audiophile – its really easy. find the clip you want on youtube, copy the URL, go to stw reply box click video and paste the url in there

RustySpanner

Love the original Hawkwind version of Motorhead, one of the best things they ever did.
    And the only song I’ve ever heard that contains the word ‘parallelogram’. 😀

Still love this too:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoZ_Lg21b14[/video]

Stacia Blake, indeed a fine figure of a woman……..

Tango-Man
    Free Member

TJ if you don’t like the music then stay off the thread, it really is that simple, saves you getting stressed

beanum

Funny review of new album in the Grauniad:
    Review

“You wouldn’t believe what it was like then,” Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister recently informed a young journalist. “If you could go back, you wouldn’t come back here.” It’s worth noting that the burnished and halcyon era to which he refers is 1975 – the year of race riots in Leeds, Margaret Thatcher’s election to the leadership of the Conservative party, and 261 deaths in terrorist attacks related to the Troubles in Northern Ireland, in both mainland Britain and Northern Ireland itself. On the plus side, of course, you could smoke in pubs.

This was followed by lots of comments including this classic..

You know, you can pull out bad news and bad events from any damned year you care to name. Doing so doesn’t refute a suggestion that a given period was, overall, for some people, a better place to be and to live. I have incredibly fond memories of the late seventies and those memories have nothing to do with the bad things going on at the time. They have to do with the really good things that were going on at the time.

I would go back to those days in a heartbeat, although I admit I’d miss the internet and the vast improvements in British food. Those are honestly the only things I’d miss, though. Music was better then. Pubs were better then (no **** TVs in them for a start). Sex was better then – no AIDS, no need for condoms, a healthier, more liberal attitude all round. In a weird way, the fact that our pleasures weren’t so ubiquitous and easy to download… I mean attain… made them more intense and more valued. Buying a new album was an event. You had this wonderful big artefact and you’d pore over the sleeve notes and the art. You’d actually bother to know the names of each track and who played what on them. If you wanted to copy the music it was cassette tapes and that was your only option. You treasured these things.

We had civil liberties back then. No CCTV, far less state intrusion into our lives and if the old Bill decided to get a bit arsey we weren’t averse to getting a bit arsey back; reminding them who they were supposed to be serving. Some may find this hard to believe but , certainly amongst educated youth, feminism was more advanced then than it is now. If a lap-dancing club had opened anywhere near my uni it would have been picketed out of existence, and not just by women either. Now we hear of students becoming lap-dancers to pay for their tuition fees. Yeah, that’s another thing – I had a grant from the government to pay for my university education. That’s right, the government gave me money so that i could go to university. As a working class kid I couldn’t have gone at all without that. We didn’t do multi-thousand-pound loans in those days. We did grants. I left university after three excellent, beer-swilling, joyful years with this much debt: none at all.

But hey, now we have bloody cellphones so that we can be contactable for inane, pointless conversations all the time. Now we have communications technology that means we’re never really away from the bloody desk. Now we have global warming and a level of overpopulation we would barely have believed back in the seventies. Now we have X-boxes and X-Factors and shitty, drab, unoriginal, unexciting little indie bands like the bloody xx.

Christ, I hate this age. I hate what this country has become. I’m with you, Lemmy. Let’s go shoot some pool, play some arrows and drink some Jack in a smokey old seventies boozer. I’ll go stick some rock on the juke.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Was going to post something derogatory about TJ, but that would have been as relevant as his postings are on this thread.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

Don’t get me wrong – I quite like motorhead. I saw loads of hard rock / heavy metal bands back in the day – you know in their natural habit of the 70s

However it is now 2011 not 1983. Times have moved on and so has music. Unless you are a metal / hard rock fan when you are stuck in a timewarp. Just admit it and be happy in your choices chaps.

Pop music is an ephemeral thing attached to a time. Is Bill Haley relevant today? Drapecoats and brothel creepers? How about lace and big hair of the new romantics?

Some songs are classics and stand the test of time – such as Ace of Spades. However they remain firmly of their time. See the guradian quotes

🙂

ChrisHeath

So only things of the ‘now’ have any relevance?

What a load of old cock.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I was at the O2, Leeds last month and yes, it was full of old blokes, but equally there was a fair number of much younger fans so I feel their music does still have relevance.

The thing about ‘Head that doesn’t date them is that they never followed a genre of rock (glam, thrash, death, new wave etc) is ( to paraphrase) ‘they are Motorhead, and they play rock n’ roll’.

wwaswas

My 14 year old thinks they’re great.

He did draw the line at going to their recent gig in Brighton with his Mum though. I think he was worried she’d show him up in the mosh pit.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Lemmy on the Girlie Show sometime in the early nineties talking to Sarah Cox:
    “I may be f***ing old, but you missed some great parties”

One of my favourite quotes ever.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

TJ, you really do spout some junk, so if we kill Rock off in 1983 then we miss out on so many classic albums, Nevermind, Appetite for Destruction, The Black Album – Metallica just to name 3 very quickly

Are you just upset that Cliff hasn’t had a hit parade song out for a while? 😆

RustySpanner

Pop music is an ephemeral thing attached to a time. Is Bill Haley relevant today? Drapecoats and brothel creepers? How about lace and big hair of the new romantics?

What a load of rubbish.

You’d better have a word with the controller of Radio 3 TJ, they’re in the middle of wasting the first 12 days of January with a Mozart season, undoubtedly one of the most famous ‘ephemeral Pop Musicians’ of his day.

One of the most wonderful things about music TJ is that it IS timeless.

Would you denegrate all other artforms in the same way? All those pointless art galleries and their irrelevant, meaningless old masters – all those libraries full of pointless old ‘classics’?

You’ve surpassed yourself this time. 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

So if music is not of its time, its irrelevant? Bit like saying old motorbikes are rubbish because they’re not modern.

Where would Metal be without Motorhead or Black Sabbath or Led Zep etc etc.

Just because its old doesnt mean it needs to reinvent or restyle to the genre’s latest brand / image.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have you guys seen spinal tap?

RustySpanner

Have you guys seen spinal tap?

Yes.
    You can spoof anything.

And if you’d ever listened to ‘Killed by Death’ (amongst others) I think you’ll find Lemmy himself is very switched on to the concept of self parody.

It’s such a fine line between stupid and clever TJ, as a very wise man once said, but you’ve crossed it with this thread. 🙂

Admit defeat and stop digging?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Motorhead thread!!!’ is closed to new replies.