Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Motorcycle trail FOD very good.
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Did the new version today bit tracky of the knoll[nice made steps to the side to get up their]then starts to run very fast nice few bomb holes to run in and out and that tree the tight right hander is abit hairy on a hardtail least you can run down it now without a lip on it,over the otherside is nice rocky zig zag.Good job done by the guy who posted on here a while back putting it back in.

Trimix
    Free Member

?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Trimix thats what the locals call it i was on a mountain bike,its not far from Dowies.Which only means anything to people who know the Forest of Dean well.Great area and amazing conditions to toady very dry in most places.

DaveE

Where can i pick up the start of the trail.
    Any tips where to park.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Well Dave i only park at the pedalway centre and ride to it via 20-30 miles of Trails.closest village is Ellwood.Its pretty steep after the right hander not for the faint hearted.

DaveE

Sounds Good will give it a try.

sheldona
    Free Member

Good to see you wizz past today Dobie although I didn’t recognise you! We rode the MC trail a few weeks back and tis good! Not so good on a SS though 🙁

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Better on a SS than X-bike that would be hairy.Past you twice 1st when you were coming back from the bomb hole and i was of to the trails by the cottage,then when i shouted out one of your mates like it.Wish i had my new Remedy today conditions were great on the downhill runs.Not brought it yet just bedding in new set of X2 brakes excellent bit of kit.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Excellent… I’m glad it’s getting ridden. I keep meaning to mark the run-in to that drop-off a bit more clearly; it’s easy to get the approach angle wrong!

Was out today as well and noticed that many of the trees around Dowies & the Bigfoot trail had been marked up for (?) felling. I do hope I’m wrong…

mattsccm
    Free Member

Dowies etc going sometime. Local plan in FC office suggests not this year though but marking may suggest sooner. Having said that most of the timber down to Bream is also marked and that will take a while. Anyway D1 is wearing out and the views will be better whn the trees are gone. When I was a kid the trees were only head height.

sheldona
    Free Member

Dowies was cleared 5 or 6 years back iirc?

Dobie, so it was you I passed earlier too! I’m useless with names and faces! I wasn’t going to try the MC trail on CX bike as Dowies was enough for me today on the 1st ride out 🙂
    Should of taken the Maverick out and done the MC trail, the going was good most of the day with a few loamy patches here and there.

iDrew
    Free Member

A group of riders flew by me yesterday as I was coming up by the timber place in Parkend, I was on my red Tracer VP.

One guy was wearing a Singletrack jersey, anyone off here??

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Have not done Dowies 1 for years ever since someone told me about Dowies 2.The one that is wrecked is the son of Dowies all those little bomb holes are shot.
    Once raced MR Dowie down the Dowies 1/son off about 8 years ago that was good fun and crazy ended in Tears.

ObscuraSky
    Free Member

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to find the start of the motorcycle trail? I know where Dowies starts (at least I think I do!) in the woods near Ellwood football field. Could someone give me directions from there, as I’ve tried and failed several times to find it.

Thanx.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle trail FOD very good.’ is closed to new replies.