Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Mother in law rant…
  • fossy

Just get a bit sarchastic. Take the piss a little. That washing issue tell her to get off her bum if it’s not good enough.

newrobdob
    Free Member

MIL – “How’s the washing coming on?”
    Me – “Oh, I’ve brought in the stuff that was dry and left some damp stuff on the line for a bit”
    “Aye, but how’s it coming on?”
    (confused) “Er, I’ve brought some in and left some out”
    “Aye but it cannae be dry”
    “Well, I only brought the dry stuff in (smiling nervously)”
    “Aye but it’s NAE DRY – IT CANNAE BE!”
    “I did check it prett…”
    “IT’S NAE DRY – THAT’D BE IMPOSSIBLE. I’M NAE ARGUIN’ ABOOT THIS!”

“Ok, check it for yourself and if you don’t think its dry you can put it back on the line. Thanks for being concerned”

Then walk away……

Be overly nice (not sarcastic) but put the ball back in their court, make the only solution to her problem an action she has to do herself.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The wife and I sometimes feel sorry for the Mil as well… but then she goes and proves us right.

The other week the Mrs and I were away for a cheeky 48 hours without the kids (who were at my parents) que the wife getting a narky text message. Last year the same thing happened, but it was me who received the text… “Do you and Sara argue about me alot?” … (Bear in mind I can count on one hand texts between us)… No, you old witch, we both think the same … I should have replied.

Actually to be fair she doesn’t just wait until those weekends… the wife’s Bday, kids bdays or mine tend to be “celebrated” by the MiL being a pain in the arse …. She has to be the centre of attention by any means… It’s wholly predictable.

Well her loss… the night before we got the text this last time we were in discussions of how to sort Xmas for the Mil benefit … no longer.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Shock tactics needed..
    Just tell her to shut the **** up when no one else is in earshot ..then vehemently deny it when she complains ..
    She has your balls in a vice now so what have you got to lose ..?

dirkpitt74

Ro5ey – Member

The wife and I sometimes feel sorry for the Mil as well… but then she goes and proves us right.

The other week the Mrs and I were away for a cheeky 48 hours without the kids (who were at my parents) que the wife getting a narky text message. Last year the same thing happened, but it was me who received the text… “Do you and Sara argue about me alot?” … (Bear in mind I can count on one hand texts between us)… No, you old witch, we both think the same … I should have replied.

Actually to be fair she doesn’t just wait until those weekends… the wife’s Bday, kids bdays or mine tend to be “celebrated” by the MiL being a pain in the arse …. She has to be the centre of attention by any means… It’s wholly predictable.

Well her loss… the night before we got the text this last time we were in discussions of how to sort Xmas for the Mil benefit … no longer.

**** me – do we have the same MIL????

Mine’s always treated the kids as a pissing contest between her and my folks.

jimmy748

You say your buyers are dragging their heals and have not completed, so why are you not living in the house you still own?

tinybits
    Free Member

uselesshippy – Member
    Remind her, that when the time comes, you’ll decide which care home she ends up in.

I suggest a one way ticket to Dignitas. Tuesday’s are better, cheaper flights!

footflaps

Whack her over the head with a spade and bury her in the garden?

Seems like the decent thing to do.

hooli

I suggest a one way ticket to Dignitas. Tuesday’s are better, cheaper flights!

and then

Whack her over the head with a spade and bury her in the garden?

Sorry OP, sounds like a rubbish situation, I’d try and be out as much as possible and keep out the way when you need to be around.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

have you thought about giving her one ? May ease the tension a bit!

wallop

She’s Welsh, that’s your problem.

Actual proper lol 😆 😆

anagallis_arvensis

My step MIL invited us round and then wouldnt let us i the house once…**** odd doesnt cover it.
    MIL and SIL both had better offers for Xmas and declined ours last month…yay…changed their minds this month 🙁

Turkey goes in at 7.00am I go off out on bike for a good few hours then hide in the kitchen getting pissed pretending to cook.

footflaps

I get on much better with my MIL than my actual Mother….

tymbian
    Free Member

Mil. “What’s the washing doing?”
    You. “Go and have a look!”

You aren’t helping your self are you?
    It’s Your life you decide how you live it.. simples.

Sanny
    Free Member

As Jimmy748 asks, if you still own your house, why have you moved out? If you have cleared it out, could you not get a few essentials out of storage and treat it like indoor camping for a few weeks? 😆

Or just read “Matilda” for ideas on how to deal with her…………

Cheers

Sanny

crapjumper
    Free Member

Is she fit ?

Cougar

So.

Unfortunately it’s her house so you have to suck it up while you’re there,

This. Her house, her rules. However,

(“I DON’T ASK FOR MUCH BUT IT’D BE NICE TO SEE THE PATTERN ON MY CARPET UNDER ALL THIS DOG HAIR” for instance, despite hoovering very thoroughly, just before she comes home).

Why are you hoovering her house and doing her laundry? You should bitch that she’s providing you with squalid accommodation and it’s just not good enough. Fight bastard with bastard, I say. She’s only being like this cos you’re rolling over and taking it. “I’ve just hoovered, if it’s not good enough then do it yourself next time.”

Or, get her on her own and ask her what her **** problem is. (-:

She wouldn’t hear of us renting and insisted on us coming to stay.

WGAF what she’d hear of? If you can afford to move out, move out.

The elephant in the room though is, what does your wife have to say about all this?

vongassit
    Free Member

tjagain

WTF are yo doing still living there. I donb’t care the cost – I would be out of there tomorrow and never step foot in the place again. Life is too short to spend time with toxic people. short term rental, hotels, hire a camper whatever it takes even if you are paying of the credit card for a couple of years

Nothing is worth the psychological abuse yo are putting up with – and that is what it is – abuse

rene59
    Free Member

Take a shite on her pillow.

mogrim

God I hate having to agree with TJ 🙂

tjagain

you are not alone mogrim! like a stopped clock – right twice a day 😉

jekkyl

Yeah come on user justify your life choices to a load of faux friend strangers on a cycling website!

singletrackmind

Swap the fridge door left hand opening to right hand opening
    Then deny all knowledge

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just imagine a cool, still pool of water….and holding her head under it

wiganer
    Free Member

Take a shite on her pillow.

… I vote this, the Welsh bint.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’d not last a week with that situation. I’d be out. Living in a tent if necessary!

spursn17
    Free Member

If the OP lives in Texas this isn’t going to end well….

pinetree
    Free Member

If the OP lives in Texas this isn’t going to end well….

Oh.

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers for the laughs and the sensible advice 😀

The house we’re selling is in Sunderland, the new one which we hoped to be living in by next week is in Aberdeen. All our stuff is in storage, we can’t let the old place and although I do plan to rent a room in a shared flat, I’ll still have to come back here because I have a four year old!

Both MIL and wife work (mil P/T, and I’m still applying for all sorts of crappy jobs so I don’t mind doing housework and the majority of childcare.

Yes, life is short, yes, this woman is toxic but we’re all kind of stuck with it whilst we’re still having to pay the mortgage on the old place.

I do have a small business which is already up and running again but it’ll take time to build it up again, thus the crap job in the meantime…

mark d
    Free Member

I think Mine is on so much medication.
    She is full on all the time; I can’t stand it.
    She is a warning for not going on anti depressants.
    I’ve seen here people wanting to come off them.
    It’s not good.
    My immediate family want me to go on them.
    I say no.
    It will go on my doctors record.
    Nothing will change

stewartc
    Free Member

My MiL does not speak any English, I maintain very limited Cantonese, the result, we get on very well.

Note: she is a lovely lady, from what I can gather.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Sadly, the only way to get her out of your life is going to be divorcing the wife and possibly selling the kid.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

She is a warning for not going on anti depressants.

YOu mean a warning for not going on the wrong antidepressants?

PJM1974
    Free Member

My MIL is incredibly toxic, I recognise an awful lot of what’s been said in this thread.

Ultimately, there’s little you can do but take yourself out of the situation. You can either challenge her back each time she undermines you, or you can disengage from her making clear that you feel that you’re in a no-win situation.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d just be dropping hints there might be a connection between her treatment of you and the quality of nursing home she ends up

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Ask her when she’s free for a morning. When she asks why, tell her you want to make an appointment to see a psychiatrist because you think she has some mental health issues. She probably won’t speak to you for a month. Job done.
    Also “I’D BE NICE TO SEE THEE PATTERN ON THE CARPET” You – “Why? Have you seen it, it’s ****in’ horrble, no wonder you never hoover” = at least 3 weeks non-communication. Are you complaining about her food. Bring home a Big Mac and fries. Just tell that you were hungry and fancied some real food.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

MiL is a lazy passive manipulative drug and alcohol fuelled nightmare. Though she did come a cropper when FiL went into hospital for a few weeks and she had to start doing things around the house and walking the dog!

andybrad

right guys, in all seriousness we must have enough for a group buy in hitmen?

Or maybe we can get them all on the same coach trip to dover cliffs?

Open to suggestions?

enfht
    Free Member

Strangle her until you see the life drain from her eyes. Job done and you get to burn a few calories.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Mother in law rant…’ is closed to new replies.