Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Most realistic movie firefight
  • sandwicheater

Forgotten about Saving Private Ryan, my draw just dropped during the beech landing scene, Epic.

Someone told be they shot up animal carcases to get some of the sound effects.

coopersport1
    Free Member

What none of them can recreate in the viewer, are the smells and tastes of a real firefight, nerves, sweat, dust, fear all add something. Vision and sound is only part of the sensation spectrum, reality hits every sense and emotion in your body.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Saving Private Ryan for the fear
    Lone Survivor for the reality

maccruiskeen

slowoldman

[video]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HubNYZ0dUIA[/video]

bigshep
    Free Member

Has to be Heat for me. 8)

Rich_s

The Brecourt Manor assault in Band of Brothers?

I seem to remember that one of the Wyatt Earp films was very accurate – point blank range messy.

Kuco

Andy McNab had something to do with weapons training and the shoot out in Heat.

dunsapie
    Free Member

It has to be this, all the others are poor compared to the realism of this film.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4cR5mvnFPs[/video]

abbot
    Free Member

I don’t have a clue what would be realistic but I always felt that the film Way of the Gun seemed quite real. Apart from the big shoot up at the end

coopersport1
    Free Member

No technically a film by Band of Brothers has some very goods scenes

SaxonRider

Nonsense to everything any of you have said to this point.

The most realistic firefight BY FAR has to be when the Americans launch their assault on the Japanese position on Guadalcanal in Thin Red Line. Just try not to flinch when the tracers go hissing overhead.

Much better than Saving Private Ryan.

And that is objective fact.

Sandwich

Much better than Saving Private Ryan.

Just different, the veterans who sat through the premiere regarded it as realistic and very close to what they experienced.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

For me the most realistic sounding firefight has to be the scene in ‘Heat’, as an ex service man with combat experience this does it for me. Also like the two scenes in black hawk down where one guy gets deafened by his mate firing too close and another guy gets an expended (very hot) case down his top, both of which have happened to me!

Hadge
    Free Member

Non of them as they’re all so unreal. Firstly, any firefight indoors non of the shooters are blinking when they’re firing the guns. Really? Trust me I was shooting for years and you fire a gun in an enclosed space and your ears know it! It’s deafening and your reaction is to wince. Secondly muzzle flash. Because they use “soft blanks” you don’t see any or very rarely and again, in an enclosed space it’s very very bad with big calibre guns and semi auto/auto weapons. Thirdly is recoil. They shoot a gun and it doesn’t move. Really? I’d love to have had those when shooting in my competitions pmsl. Anyone who shoots knows the guns recoil and they just don’t on any shooting scene so sadly I shrug my shoulders at them all basically.
    BUT the opening scene on Saving Private Ryan to me conveys how horrible, scary and brutal a battle scene can be and is very distressing IMO and it’s the only scene I congratulate and think wow.

cheez0
    Free Member

Southland.. although not a film

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Heat, Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk down are all equal. Heat gets it due to the sound, sweat, wounding (rather than cinematic kill shots) and the realism of the firing actions and reactions.

However, none come close to the Aliens nest gun battle. Particularly the dithering bad decision making of the CO.

Cant find the scene but here is the trailer.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSHAgmGR-Ig[/video]

botanybay
    Free Member

Shaving Ryan’s Privates + 1.

The bit where Giggsy’s brother catches him with his missus is pretty realistic.

anagallis_arvensis

Lone Survivor was pretty grim, no idea if its realistic or not though…thank ****.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Most realistic movie firefight’ is closed to new replies.