Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Most interesting/innovative bikes in the market at the moment?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Thought this could be an interesting topic, what’s caught your eye lately (from an innovation point of view). Here’s a couple that I quite like:

Rocky Mountain Altitude 790msl – Adjustable geometry, internal cable routing, stealth reverb, 650b, 150mm trail bike, luverly 🙂

790msl by ten_sim, on Flickr

Not exactly a bike I guess, but I love this bit of kit, keen to try out a bike running one, reckon it’s the future…

Pinion by ten_sim, on Flickr

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Took the 770 out and it’s a good 150mm bike amazing not sure?
    The adjustable geometry appeals to the CCDB market but in the end I’d rather a bike that was set up rather than having a lot of ideas to play with. You could play with it and never make it better. The 650 doesn’t really add anything either.

bencooper
    Free Member

The Trisled Avatar looks absolutely stunning right now:

Or are we only talking things with normal big wheels, normal riding position, etc? 😉

psychle
    Free Member

Nope, anything you like mate, that does look pretty cool 🙂

JEngledow
    Free Member

Although it does look like a ‘comedy’ fake nose (or it could just be the heat finally getting to me)!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For different I’d go with the Nicoli gearbox bikes I reckon

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ibis Ripley eccentric pivots are pretty cool.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

The new GT Fury IMO

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What’s in the Pinion gearbox? 2 cables = Rohloff? Maybe it’s the Mk 2 Rohloff hub I’ve heard is coming?

Northwind

Pinion is a standalone, it’s not a Rohloff… It’s actually a single cable going out and back rather than a dual cable setup.

I reckon the only really interesting things out there just now are gearboxes, belt drives, and electronic suspension… Was dubious about the latter but the EI seems to be one of those few products that can change the mind of people who’ve already decided it’s rubbish.

Does that Altitude have a single innovative feature? Not trying to be funny but there’s not a single thing on it that’s very interesting, it’s a nice package but it’s all been done to death.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Moultons (particularly the New Series with the flexitors) have been on the market for ages but they’re still right up there in the innovation stakes. Very clever stuff. Moultons are a strange mix of tradition and disruption. I’m wondering if a few things might begin happening behind the scenes since Dr Moulton passed on? Dare I mention disc brakes perhaps?

And there’s a recumbent called something i cant remember that has an enclosed drivetrain ( I think bencooper sells them) which look amazing.

Beyond the developments in gearbox tech, the MTB tech world these days is fairly dull. I quite like those forks on the front page though.

bencooper
    Free Member

And there’s a recumbent called something i cant remember that has an enclosed drivetrain ( I think bencooper sells them) which look amazing.

Ah, the Flevo Greenmachine:

It is an engineering marvel – totally enclosed chain drive with a mid-mounted Rohloff.

What I like about that RM is it has straight tubes. I’m really not into the whole “dog straining over an egg” look that curved tubes often have.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I was offered a work placement with Flevobike, lovely idea but they couldn’t pay me, and I had to sleep in the factory! So I had to turn it down 🙁

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Saw a kid’s bike in the shop at Llandegla with a belt drive. Seems like an ideal application.

feisty
    Free Member

Saw a kid’s bike in the shop at Llandegla with a belt drive. Seems like an ideal application.

Easyrider belter, I have one for my daughter and it is top notch and nice and light, they do a call balance bike as well with carbon bars lol

thepodge
    Free Member

The bionicon range looks clever

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Most interesting/innovative bikes in the market at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.