Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Mornington Cresent: Stovolds 1980’s revisions
  • honeybadgerx

Just wait until Crossrail opens. Then, to quote Vermentraut (of Hasselblad v. Vermentraut 1948 fame) “shit’ll get real.”

jekkyl

Mine’s a double

Bank!

andrewh
    Free Member

Triple Cross
    Kings Cross, Charing Cross, Brent Cross!
    Ha!

mechanicaldope

Sorry, can someone just clarify something for me? Just how many marbles does the winner get to take away?

Cougar

Sorry, can someone just clarify something for me? Just how many marbles does the winner get to take away?

Don’t be silly, now you’re just making things up. MC uses coloured tokens (very occasionally, and rule set dependent), not marbles.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Right, I’ve finally got a signal & I’ve worked out how to leave Penge…..that’s the good news….

The bad news is I’m now at Mornington…..ha ha had you all there….

I’m still in Penge….

Pook

Not to muck you all about, but can i just point out that the lift at Covent Garden isn’t working. The third one.

Cougar

That shouldn’t affect anyone right now. Unless we’re in Spoon. Which we aren’t… yet.

@mrlebowski
    You’ve a couple of options that I can see. Hint: look closely at the Circle Line…

Anyway, where were we? Oh yes, Brent Cross. Here’s a radical idea, Heathrow T4.

WillH

Has anyone had Seven Sisters?

Pook

Cockfosters, earlier.

honeybadgerx

The Caledonia Sleeper was delayed. Therefore I’ll take the mandatory stop in the 1st class lounge at Euston. To try and make up lost ground I’ll go for Euston.

Square. Ha! Keeping it old school.

WillH

I’ve just rolled a 13 which allows me to bring the Coriolis token into play, enabling a clockwise move around the Circle Line. Blackfriars, Embankment – skipping Temple, for obvious reasons – then a quadruple lateral to leave me at Goodge Street.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Attempted to make a third meaningful move to Westminster but  the replacement bus service ran into an obstruction at Speakers Corner.

Currently stuck in an endless loop of the Brussels Metro.

johnx2
    Free Member

Unless I’m missing something, you’re making this look like very hard work. Still, in for a penny…

Mudchute

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Now that it’s a week day Penge is now reconnected to the outside World..

Though it does mean I need to take the Eurostar from here…..don’t ask how or why but that’s the only option. I think @cougar due to the frozen Chalfonts at the w/e the circle line commuter spur is down. So….

East Cheam Railway Cuttings it is then..

The upside is it’s not Penge, the bad side it’s East Cheam..

dove1

A delayed service from South Wales and a replacement bus service from Reading has led to me alighting at Victoria instead of Paddington. This has severley restricted my opportunity to implement the Zenner-Norrington Paradox so I think my only viable option is a 3-Square Clockwise Twizzle* that will land me safely at Lancaster Gate.

*Tudor Court Rules

mechanicaldope

Think I must have made a mistake somewhere in my understanding of the rules as the only move I appear to be able to make lands me at Uxbridge Road but, as i’m sure we’re all aware, that would only be possible if playing under the Munich Anglo-German Declaration variant and besides, it was bombed in the war…

brakes
    Free Member

I’m going up the Arsenal

andrewh
    Free Member

Think I must have made a mistake somewhere in my understanding of the rules

No, I think you just missed WillH’s post, he’s at Goodge Street at the moment so the whole of the District line is open to you. Admittedly it is a choice of bad moves and worse moves but at least you can move.

neilthewheel

Has anyone had Seven Sisters?

Sven, apparently.

Monument. In my pants.

brakes
    Free Member

up the Arsenal

Monument. In my pants.

I see someone is trying derail the game and change to Carry On up the Sidings…
    Is there a Doctor in the house?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Oil Drum Lane….via Acton….I know, but needs must when the devil takes a p1ss in your teapot..

By God it’s nice to be back North of the river…..never go south of the river after dark they say…..they are so right….(by the way who just are “they”???)

Murray

Bringing it North and all the way west, Amersham (although I really think that Crewe would be a better option if we were playing by the Adonis convention)

WillH

Mechanicaldope – you possibly missed that we’re playing Stovold’s revisions, not the original. So therefore all the stations on the “Road to Mandalay” are only offside if you’ve previously been through Elephant and Castle.

HTH.

RustySpanner

(I’m a bit rusty 😳)

Aren’t we all occasionally?

If the Lionel Blue stipulation applies I’ll go Goodge Street.

grahamh
    Free Member

Golders Green.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

obstruction at Speakers Corner

Seeing as PP sneakily activated the speaker, I’ll drop the Bercow blind-side, enact Erskine May 1604, and jump straight to Westminster.

nickc

Waiting for that, might I play

Willesden Junction?

andrewh
    Free Member

Yes you can.
    Wood Green

dove1

Wood Green?
    That’s a daring move. Roll snake eyes and you’ll find yourself firmly in Nidd, you mad fool.

Euston.

munrobiker
    Free Member

That seems like foolish gameplay. Surely from Euston it’s Mornington Crescent?

RustySpanner

Verney Junction.

Get out of that and stay fashionable.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Abbey Road with a double…

Hahhahahahahaha…….!!!!!!

mechanicaldope

That seems like foolish gameplay. Surely from Euston it’s Mornington Crescent?

Too late now.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay. I wanted some adjudication on CFH’s Pimlico counter.

Turns out, it’s fine but there are frozen points at T.Beck….AGAIN.

Replacement bus to Embankment.

Pook

naturally then, I was defeated, you won the war.

Waterloo.

nickc

Right, Kant in his major work tried to describe the relationship between reason and human experience. Watto Spigot in his seminal exploratory work of ’62 (Where Do We Go From Here) tried to use this relationship to describe the large “Bus Lane” shifts that he made popular…

Thusly…Paddington, using a band 5 bus lane jump…I think Hainult is the obvious choice. Making use of the Central line northern loop extension rules of ’88 which uses Stovold’s architecture you get to

Hampstead Heath.  which I think with the off peak rules places it in “adrift” for the next 3 double moves.

neilthewheel

Since therealhoops took a week to make his decision, won’t his season ticket have expired?

therealhoops
    Free Member

NTW – I have a standing order in place. Sorry, I should have made that apparent.

Wimbledon Common

neilthewheel

Oof…banjaxed.
    Let me think about that…for a year.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Mornington Cresent: Stovolds 1980’s revisions’ is closed to new replies.