Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Mornington Cresent anyone?
  • ourmaninthenorth

Can someone post a copy of the rules, I lent mine to a German colleage and has is still struggling with the 1923 Allowance

No can do, WCA. My copy were soaked beyond redemption during an outdoor game where I was demonstrating the Tudor Court Revised Rules to a group of Japanese tourists.

MrNutt
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident – Member
    Can someone post a copy of the rules, I lent mine to a German colleage and has is still struggling with the 1923 Allowance

I would have loved too mate but I took my copy of “Erweiterte Mornington Cresent Regeln für Schwachköpfe” from a dead jerry at Monte Cassino, Shortly after reading it I happened upon a gypsy family with whom I exchanged my copy for the life of their young daughter and a few bottles of cheap hooch. I’ll never forget that hangover.

therealhoops
    Free Member

MrNutt – that young gypsy daughter was my mother!

Embankment

Victoria Station is now open to everything but branch lines

halfbee
    Free Member

I brought a copy of the 2007 rules (Swiss Cottage exemption) on eBay.

Oxford Circus

FallOutBoy
    Free Member

Can a novice hop on at Tottenham Court Road?

ourmaninthenorth

Mansion House (relying on the Bank exemption)

nickc

If we’re playing Montenegro ’23, then you can’t exempt Bank after halfbee started at Oxford Circus, as it plays to a blunt. Which means mansion House becomes Blackfriers, which means I can “Double” and go to…

Kensington.

brakes
    Free Member

if you double to Kensington, then I’ve only got one choice under M23 and that’s to slide back to Aldgate and the sidings

Pook

hang on. I’m confused. Which rules are we playing under?

grahamh
    Free Member

Just come back from a ride and the pub, am I out of buffers yet?
    If I am then Kew.

Mike59

I thought I would get this one in early, especially as on Friday 6th Feb, it’s permissible to use the Icelandic metaphor :

Harrow and Wealdstone

atlaz
    Free Member

That’s all well and good but now the ambient temperature has dropped I believe that North End/Bull and Bush is back in play.

therealhoops
    Free Member

you asked for it people!

The Hague

that’s double points to me and all buffers cleared, game on!

julianwilson
    Free Member

I see your Hague, go as far opposite as possible (little known reverse euripedes cross-country ramble) and raise you a Croxley Green.

Oh no. Its friday. Works on the line.

Mike59

Channel Light Vessel Automatic

radar
    Free Member

New Mills Central?

FallOutBoy
    Free Member

Since the congestion charge has been dropped while its snowing, Hyde Park Corner.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I think you’ agree that your Hyde Park Corner would be subtly countered by:

Aldwych!

invoking the Hughs amendment to the 1997 rule which as you all know allows terminating lines to be applied and used as a normal location in the game.

grahamh
    Free Member

Cockfosters

clubber
    Free Member

I’m back after my rather embarassing faux-pas!

Central diffusion rule taking me to Oxford Circus.

ourmaninthenorth

Having considered carefully the blunt I found myself in following the misues of the Bank exemption, I have consulted the 1997 amendment referred to by Mr Nutt.

Accordingly, Swiss Cottage.

(And, radar, New Mills Central isn’t available under Montenegro 1923, unless we’re playing the under the internaiotnal edition.)

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ll take the opportunity presented by the oxford circus repetition to invoke subclause 2.b of the 1965 teutonic contention that take us to:

friedrichstrasse

therealhoops
    Free Member

as it’s daytime again

Fenchurch

clubber
    Free Member

Sorry, I let it go once but that’s two references to the Germanic Rules now and we made clear that these aren’t valid (Winter rules were drafted in 1939 after war broke out and Germanic Rules split from current rules at that time).

anyway, Fenchurch opens the Hudsucker Proxy allowing my move to Osterley (getting close!)

theflatboy
    Free Member

apologies, i knew the winter rules would apply but was trying to take advantage of the loophole that allows for an exception until they’re formally invoked. please strike friedrichstrasse from my gamecard.

nice move with osterley.

dagenham heathway.

grahamh
    Free Member

I see you Dagenham Heathway and raise you
    Dollis Hill

therealhoops
    Free Member

Greenwich – the end is insight

clubber
    Free Member

ARRRGGHH WHY GRENWICH!!!? I though I had it there.

instead, I slide to Southfields

therealhoops
    Free Member

Potters Barn – surely someone can put this to bed now!

jojoA1
    Free Member

Chiswick Park-
    invoking the players’ 1940s sex discrimination review additional rule listed in sub section 13 Z (a) where ladies may play so long as a man is supervising her moves.

grahamh
    Free Member

Latimer Road

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

this whole game is void

NATO (North Acton Transport Organisation) treatise from 1953 clearly state that the fosbury flop used by pook in move 3 is illegal in the first 30 minutes due to it’s adverse affects on traffic flow.

back to Blackfriars please

ourmaninthenorth

back to Blackfriars please

You’re joking?

In which case, Old Street.

grahamh
    Free Member

Just to clarify, does the 30 minute rule still apply?
    Or is s “Fosbury Flop” now valid?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Perivale.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

hmm – not clear on that one

i think for the sake of simplicity that the fosbury flop is now valid as, despite returning to the first move, the game has been in continuous flow for more than half an hour

i don’t believe there to be clear statute on this. perhaps someone can enlighten.

clubber
    Free Member

iirc it went to the high court for judicial review in 1972 but still hasn’t been ruled upon…

Earls Court

therealhoops
    Free Member

He’s right, the revised rule book on NATO 1953(5th edition) just suggests to avoid it.

Baker Street

jojoA1
    Free Member

At the risk of being controversial, I’ll posit Ickenham as a double-topper.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Mornington Cresent! surely!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Mornington Cresent anyone?’ is closed to new replies.