Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • More UK short trip advice
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Inverness, Perth, Stirling or Chester?

We have Holiday Inn points to use up this time. Obviously Scotland is a long way but we are both feeling up for an adventure, and some snowy mountains would be cool. Chester is the closest we could stay to Snowdonia, and my mum reckons it’s a nice town.

jekkyl

Chester is lovely but nicer in the summer I reckon, iiwy take 2 nights in Inverness, fly up?

molgrips
    Free Member

We both like long drives so we could drive up but that takes a fair but of time out of the holiday. Grandparents will only look after the kids for so long.

Could be worth it though if we can find interesting places and things on the way up and down.

geoffj

Chester is lovely
    Stirling is handy for lots of nice places nearby
    Perth is great and would make a good base for skiing either at Glenshee or a day at Cairngorm. The holiday inn in Perth is of the express variety and looks as dated as they tend to do though. If you are going as far as Stirling, the extra 40 minutes to Perth is worth it IMHO
    If you do choose Perth, let me know and I’ll give you more details re restaurants, days out etc.

br
    Free Member

Seems a bit pointless to do a 800 mile round trip, just to spend some free points…

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s a silly way of looking at it. We want a trip away, and want to go somewhere interesting. Within those criteria it has to be somewhere with a Holiday Inn, or other IHG hotel.

Moses

Obviously Scotland is a long way

Not obvious at all, it depends where you live!. Where are you starting from? How about a w/e in Norwich? Or Brighton? York?

rickt
    Free Member

I like Chester – but prefer York if your over that way for any reason…

molgrips
    Free Member

Starting from South Wales. East Anglia is also a possibility but we were thinking of a family holiday there later.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘More UK short trip advice’ is closed to new replies.