Home Forums Bike Forum Mondraker Raze opinion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mondraker Raze opinion
  • PinGlasgow
    Free Member

Hi All, has anyone got a Mondraker Raze and care to share their opinion/experience with it.

Hired a Mondraker ebike and liked the geometry/sizing. The Raze seems to be just what I’m looking for but can’t find owners reviews anywhere.

PinGlasgow
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crew

funklenut
    Free Member

Yep I’ve got last years RR.

I’ve had quite a few issues with it! The MIND system was dead on arrival and it had to go back to be tested and eventually replaced – I was without the bike for 9 weeks. The headset bearings went a few weeks after I got it back as it’s got headset cable routing which is not sealed in any way! There are now rubber grommets available to buy aftermarket to sort that. The Fox Transfer then seized up, which is apparently a common problem, so no a bike issue as such. Then after about 350K the link started creaking, annoyingly so, I stripped it down and 6/10 of the bearings were shot and a spacer was missing.

Personally I’m not sure that I’d buy another Mondraker, they don’t seem to be built / sealed well enough for UK conditions.

It’s actually a good bike when it works, climbs very well and I’m just starting to dial the suspension and it’s getting pretty good on the downs, now running a fair amount less pressure than recommended and I’m about to swap to a smaller volume spacer.

I didn’t get on with the 30mm stem, it just felt very twitchy, so swapped for a 40mm I had lying around and it feels much better to me now.

I bought it to replace my Cotic Jeht which is a great bike, but a bit too much heft and travel for my riding, I wanted something lighter, less travel, more trail oriented – a year later and I’ve still got the Jeht and a decision to make…..

jamiemcf

I have an older foxy. A 2014 model now with the 2017 rear triangle after I snapped the original and the replacement. There was a design flaw on the rear. Similar travel range (I’m running 140 rear and 160 front). I’ve enjoyed it as a bike. I tried running the 10mm stem at first but moved to the 30mm stem which I’ve found much better.

Dunno if that helps

bikesandboots

@funklenut how’s it holding up? Poor quality original bearings?

funklenut
    Free Member

@bikesandboots I sold the frame at the beginning of the year (and the Jeht frame) as I bought a Transition Smuggler frame in September, which I’m very happy with. It’s not as light as the Raze, but far lighter than the Jeht and it seems well built, rides really nice and spot on for my riding in the Peak. I’ve not had any issues with it at all since building it up.

The Raze was a nice bike. I think the MIND system is a bit of a gimmick, it was quite buggy and of limited value as I already had a ShockWiz for getting a good setup. I’m not sure the standard bearings were any worse than usual, just maybe not that well sealed for UK conditions as apposed to sunny Spain. Ultimately I just didn’t like the headset routing and the hassle it caused.

bikesandboots

Thanks!

I’m actually looking at it’s E brother, the Neat. Unfortunately in this class half the options seem to have headset routing so it’s hard to rule bikes out based on it. Maybe I should going by your experience.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.