Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Mondraker Gravity – Exmoor…
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

anyone do this last year?

what’s the riding like?

atmosphere?

would i die on a 29er racey hardtail?

tah

flyingmonkeycorps

It was good fun last year, really nice laid back atmosphere. Trails were mostly pretty straightforward, nothing you couldn’t ride on your bike. S1 was fast woody singletrack, S2 was a bit steeper but not for long and S3 was a lovely long singletrack descent with a few roots and such, but nothing to worry about.

I think they’ve added more stages this year, but I don’t think it’ll be much different in character. I had a great time, gutted I can’t make it again.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

cheers,…

is it one long loop, how exactly does it work?

supersaiyan
    Free Member

did it last year and doing it again this year. It was a great event, some timing issues, you won’t die on a clown bike but would be quicker with a bit of squish at the back. short loop on the Saturday, longer one on Sunday but may be different this year. Descents were fast and flowy, a bit of dirt singletrack, a bumpy open heathy drop to the sea, some rockier stuff. have a look on YouTube – pretty sure there are some vids out there.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

cheers chaps

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m in!

orena45

Yes
    Fast,flowy,fun
    Chilled out, relaxed, Dyfi-esque
    If you can ride it already, you’ll be fine

Different course this year from what I’ve heard and an extra stage on day 1, but similar in nature. Did hear Dunkery Beacon mentioned somewhere 😕

K

Are they really running the 2 day event with no showers? or am i missing something?

bobbyspangles

I am dj’ing on the sat night so come along and shake yer ass!

treemagnet
    Free Member

I’m entered for this too.
    Can’t believe it’s come round so quickly!
    Are we able to camp there fri night?
    Haven’t seen anything about showers/facilities.

wavejumper
    Free Member

No showers last year and it was hot!

orena45

No showers but there’s a campsite nearby which you use apparently if you want (according to the FB page).

Yeah you can camp it up Friday night.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’m in for this as well. Love Exmoor riding, so hopefully some of the stages will be trails I know.

Tossing up whether to camp in the field, or chicken out and camp over the road where the showers are…

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I’m doing this. What’s the score with the camping then – do you pay extra to camp in a bit with facilities?

orena45

So…hot enough for ya?! ❗

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Wonderful weather. I got through a lot of water today. The fire road spin up to wootton common was particularly scorchio. Felt like Spain!

16stonepig
    Free Member

Yep, I certainly feel a bit poached. Great event though – I loved the special stages. Crashed on my stage 1 timed run on Saturday and broke my shifter off. Had to ride the entire Sunday route with a stick wedged into the front mech to keep me in the middle ring. That hurt on the climbs.

treemagnet
    Free Member

Excellent weekend of riding, great trails and great atmosphere …really enjoyed that!
    Man, that was hot on Sunday tho!
    Lovely, refreshing dip in the river after.

Hope to do it again next year. Cheers!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker Gravity – Exmoor…’ is closed to new replies.