• This topic has 66 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – March 30th – Wardle
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Globe Inn
    218 Ramsden Road, Wardle, Lancashire
    OL12 9NU

8:15 blast off
    Bring money for beer

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I should be able to get out there…. I hope I will be free then 🙂

binners

I’m off BMXing 😀

Its snowing at the moment here

dazh

Quite predictably the weather’s crapped out again. Bring a waterproof. Wellies might be good idea for the short slog through the building site 🙂

The snow will be gone by this afternoon.

mintimperial

Snow? Blimey. No sign of that over here. It was all nice and sunny and warm yesterday too, oh well.

Should be able to get out for this, I think.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Binners are you off BMXing now or on Monday?

I should be there on Monday – Wardle will be another good one…

duncancallum

I’ll try and get across, month end in works always mega busy

Bregante

I’ll be there with my mate who is still recuperating from a leg injury

Bregante

Who’s playing out then? I’m looking forward to this. But it’s going to be soggy! 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If I can get this essay done!

Soggy, you say?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDA708XlFIo[/video]

dazh

With impeccable timing I’ve come down with a throat infection and can barely talk at the moment so I’m doubtful. Will see in the morning. I’ll send someone the route I was thinking of if I can’t make it, hopefully there’ll be some other locals out who know the area.

I’m getting a bit sick of being ill and/or injured 🙁

Bregante

🙁

dazh

On the plus side I’ve spent all day sat on my arse watching telly and eating nothing but ice cream 🙂

Bregante

So have I but I feel fine!

mintimperial

I’m still in. Haven’t got the first clue about riding out of Wardle though.

Bregante

Me neither. Hopefully Chipps’ mate from Cycle Addicts can still make it but if not we could always reconvene from the Wine Press…..

mintimperial

Got to make them promise to stay open if we do that. Can’t have them closing before I get my beer again. Shocking behaviour. 😐

dazh

Well hopefully I’ll still make it. Lemsips, ibuprofen and ice cream are currently being consumed. And I’ve got a bottle of whisky if that lot doesn’t work 🙂

I’ve not looked at a weather forecast. Probably a good thing.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

So, where are we thinking of setting off from now?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Wardle unless we hear otherwise. ..

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Cool. I shall be getting the train to Smithy Bridge and riding up.

Be nice to see/ride with you guys again 🙂

Esme
    Free Member

Be sure you are in the pub by 10pm, when the wind speed increases from 13mph to 43mph 😯

dazh

Hmmm. Just got out of bed, and still can’t talk. So I’m definitely not going to make it I’m afraid. This was the route I was thinking of. It’s pretty straight forward, basically a circuit of Hades Hill. The only tricky bit is navigating across the building site where they’re building the turbines. Considering the weather forecast though you may be better off with the lower route from Hollingworth as this goes up quite high.

Bregante

I’m hearing that we have no guide for the Wardle ride and I don’t know about everyone else but getting lost on the moors on a wet and windy night doesn’t sound like much fun. Given the amount of rain that’s come down over the last few days who’s up for a relocation to the wine press for a ride that will get us back for last orders???

Unless someone steps up to lead from the original location??

binners

I’m seeing the words ‘couldn’t’, ‘piss-up’ and brewery’

Did I mention that I’m off BMXing? Where its dry? Looks horrible out there! But the gale force winds should take your mind off the torrential rain 😀

Next week, seeing as its a bank holiday, are we going to go for the traditional earlier start, and longer ride? finishing at a suitable hostelry , obviously?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Heh. This is turning into exactly my sort of evening 😉

I have no objection to starting closer to the train station. Are you lot sure there will be boozing available?

mintimperial

Given the amount of rain that’s come down over the last few days who’s up for a relocation to the wine press for a ride that will get us back for last orders???

Me! Let’s do that instead.

Are you lot sure there will be boozing available?

I’ll selflessly volunteer to sit in the pub while you lot go out riding just to make sure it stays open if you like? It’ll be a hard and unpleasant job, granted, but I’m sure I’ll survive.

Bregante

*UPDATE*

New venue is The Wine Press

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

‘k

wittonweavers
    Free Member

binners – I think Daz has agreed to lead a ride out of the Irwell Works brewery on Bank Holiday Monday. Not sure that a start time was agreed but the usual early start for a bank holiday would be a good idea!

binners

Thats actually what I was going to suggest mate.

Bregante

Daz has agreed to lead a ride out of the Irwell Works brewery on Bank Holiday Monday

Excellent. If we do manage to make it earlier than usual then perhaps we can re-live the comedy falls of w.w on Michael Wife Lane and binners on Waughs Well. Not forgetting of course my thumb wrenching catastrophe on the most harmless piece of flat tarmac on the whole ride 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got to be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning. So, I’m oot.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’m rather unwell. Have fun.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Well thats 3 in a row. Sorry guys but i’m feeling knackered. I was trying to get up some enthusiasm but the rain on the window isnt lifting my spirits.

Have a good one and see you next week.

Bregante

. I was trying to get up some enthusiasm but the rain on the window isnt lifting my spirits.

Did my motivational texts not help?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

don’t be soft

That was motivational was it…?!

Bregante

Moreso than the one I’m sending you now, yes.

binners

You big bunch of Jessies! It’s only torrential rain and gale force winds!!

Did I mention I’ll be riding a BMX indoors tonight instead. 😀

Bregante

That’s right binners. You only cry off when it’s “biblical” 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – March 30th – Wardle’ is closed to new replies.