Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • MODS: Can you fix the "new page glitch" please?
  • Muke
    Free Member

Added to my growing jobs to do board. I will get round to it – promise. Sorry for delay but am really very busy

Yeah right

😉

DezB
    Free Member

LMGIFY might help

Muke
    Free Member

As above….LDGIFY 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This post from the rugby thread deserved a wider audience, even with the terrible grammar. 🙂

Pigface – Member
    Come on you ban people off the board for being less annoying as this bloody glitch

wrecker
    Free Member

The grammar (or lack of) contributes to that post IMHO.

Pigface
    Free Member

I think it just lacks punctuation 😉

davidjones15
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

I think it just lacks punctuation 😉
    An all too frequent occurrence.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think it just lacks punctuation.

I’ve fixed that for you. 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Ah, now doesn’t the addition of a smiley negate the need for a full stop?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here’s an idea, how about we all employ some SERIOUS swearing every time the glitch pops up. I mean, getting really, nastily offensive. Then, when it’s reported and the inevitable warning from teh modz arrives simply say, “Fix it. Can’t ban me for that.”

😉

anagallis_arvensis

I think it just lacks punctuation 

i think its fine and i is teacher who take literacyness very serious

Pigface
    Free Member

Flogs dead horse 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gets strangest boner.

bonchance
    Free Member

Strangest boner I ever met was also the fastest. He had a Mohican and held the record at the abbatoir 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Why Mr Darcy I believe you are flirting with me 😛

scaredypants

Is this where I come ( 🙄 ) for the e-dogging ?

RustySpanner

If people are being sent cod I want one too.

Not very sustainable though, how about haddock?

I_Ache
    Free Member

To keep this thread near the top I suggest putting a link on here when there is a glitch on a thread and a link to this thread on the glitch thread.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-stw-ski-snowboard-thread-the-2012-2013-season/page/32#post-4457399

Cougar

Working well, that.

I_Ache
    Free Member

They will never get it fixed unless we annoy them about it. Well they might just ban me for annoying them. 😆

GrahamS

Meh worth a shot!
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-stw-ski-snowboard-thread-the-2012-2013-season/page/34#post-4468834

Though I suspect the webdevs will be winding down for chrimbo with a nice deathmatch or two by now.

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey if someone here had a helpdesk ticket open this long they’d get sacked. Hey don’t worry, it’s only the ENTIRE INTERNET that can see your shoddiness!

Tom
    Free Member

Could someone please describe how to replicate this problem.
    Cheers.

RustySpanner

Open a thread that only you can access.
    Keep posting until your last post doesn’t appear.
    Then post again – both posts will magically appear on page 2 at the same time.

Is this what you meant?

Tom
    Free Member

This happens every time a new page 2 is started?

druidh
    Free Member

Nope – just sometimes. And it seems to get worse the longer a thread is.

Edit: for no reason….

Tom
    Free Member

Nope – just sometimes

ah so. Anyone noticed any pattern?

RustySpanner

Nope.

Suppose if you searched for ‘glitch’ you’d find most of the threads this applies to.

Tom
    Free Member

I’ll be gathering a list 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How about we all make this the biggest thread on STW to highlight it?

😉

druidh
    Free Member

Of course, it’s more frequent since the number of posts per page was reduced from 40 to 35. Was there a technical reason for doing that or a marketing one?

Tom
    Free Member

Aesthetics probably. The bug doesn’t work on this thread it seems.

RustySpanner

Didn’t mean that to sound funny, btw.

Seems to happen quite a bit on the tune association thread.

druidh
    Free Member

Eh? The forum is prettier with fewer posts per page? I thought it might have been to do with serving up less data per page (performance improvement) or ensuring more page requests (advertising revenue improvement).

Tom
    Free Member

Eh?

Cynic, meet cynic. I am still gathering that list.. If anyone’s noticed a pattern or other examples please get in touch.

Cougar

It might (or might not) be helpful but,

When it glitches, the missing next page’s URL works when typed manually.

Eg, if this post was the one to roll to the next page and thus be affected, then I’d still see “Pages: « Previous 1 2 [3]” at the bottom of this page and similar on the forum contents page, whilst my first post of page 4 disappeared off into the ether. BUT, typing http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mods-can-you-fix-the-new-page-glitch-please/page/4 into the address bar would correctly display the missing page.

I_Ache
    Free Member

It seeks to be happening on every page of the ski and snowboard thread. Very annoying.

GrahamS

BUT, typing http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mods-can-you-fix-the-new-page-glitch-please/page/4 into the address bar would correctly display the missing page.

Sort of.

Except the page 4 wouldn’t have a reply box, so you have to go back to page 3 to bump the post.

Tom: watch the Ski and Snowboard thread – it is a nice long thread and the bug now happens every time we get to a new page on that one.

Edit: as I_Ache just said 😳

Tom
    Free Member

clubber » it’s where posts have been deleted from a thread but presumably somewhere they’re not taken off a post count figure which is used to determine the pages or which posts appear on a page.

Good guess, and not far off – there are/were no deleted posts in the affected threads I’ve looked at. However a count was off for another reason. Both the threads mentioned above should be back to OK. I’ll check for others in the near future.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘MODS: Can you fix the "new page glitch" please?’ is closed to new replies.