Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mitsubishi Outlander, LED rear light.
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Long shot but here goes. We have a Mitsubishi Outlander with the rear tail light out. The manual suggests returning to a Mitsubishi service centre. Can these be repaired? Am I just going to pay dealer rates for a new unit and fitting? I’d probably try the local garage or auto elec first but if it’s simply a new unit I’d do it myself.

Anyone any experience with Outlanders or LED light units? My googling has only returned for sale hits.

curvature
    Free Member

Totally different car but my BMW has LED rear lights and one of the units failed. BMW quoted over £100 for the unit which I wasn’t too keen on.

Anyway cutting a long story short of searching on the net I did some digging about and found that the contacts weren’t meeting where the light unit plugs into the light housing/lens unit hence the LED not lighting up.

Worth checking on yours as LED units should outlast the vehicle.

Also look at this recall notice –
    https://www.cars.com/recalls/mitsubishi-outlander/

bigyinn
    Free Member

My brother in law has a VW EOS, one his rear LED lights went / strated playing up, fortunately under warranty, as they were possibly £300+. Be prepared for a shock and hope that you can find a fix rather than have to buy a replacement.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I got an American style fridge freezer into the back of my Outlander last week. 😯

That’s sod all happy to you, but I’ve been dying to tell STW. 😀

damomcg
    Free Member

This happened on my VW to the passenger wing mirror repeater. Turns out it was a control module in the driver’s door which was at fault. So could be simple contact problem or could be a faulty module.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mitsubishi Outlander, LED rear light.’ is closed to new replies.