Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Mini Enduro @ Eastridge this sunday
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Ok so who else is going?
    I will be racing on the Hardtail again, really looking forward to this one.
    Did the UKGE there last year it was great. Not camping this time so driving up for the day with some of the other QECP boys.

mrhoppy

Might bimble over and hecklespectate if the weather’s ok. Good bit of biking action locally this weekend as Newport Nocturne is on on the Saturday night too.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I was very tempted to do it but I don’t have my final X-ray and hopefully discharge until the 3rd.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

I’m signed up. I did Caersws in June which was my first enduro and managed a superb last place in Masters. That said, I absolutely loved it so looking to get a second to last place this time 🙂

Heading there on my own (again!) on Saturday for practice and early Sunday for more practice. I’m only 45mins away which helps!

Have ridden there a couple of times – looking forward to checking out the stages.

maxtorque

The weathers looking a bit changeable, so the classic Eastridge stages should be nice and slippy for you all….. 😉

Speshpaul

I can report now that eastridge is very slippy.
    have fun

scottfitz
    Free Member

Weather forecast is looking good, online entry closes today 😉

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Can’t do this one but will be taking part in the FOD one in November.

My first race too so might be giving Snorkelsucker a bit of competition for the wooden spoon 😆

Speshpaul

I’m going for a blast in mo, allthe locals have been practicing for weeks……

maxtorque

When i was there last week, it looked like the locals had been out “polishing” the sniper roots…. 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

£50,3x 2 minute stages.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm……No.

mrhoppy

What Rorschach said. I keep thinking I should enter and then see the prices and don’t. I know there’s infrastructure t be set out but I struggle to see how they cost as much as they do and despite that I still can’t make it seem decent value.

kimbers

I believe its 4 stages for this one

but still for 15 quid more a UKGE round packs in a lot more imho
    you can get 3 days of riding effectively 6 stages full shimano, sram, mavic support free (basic) camping

if I had the cash/time/no responsibilities Id ride every enduro series going, its good that theres so much choice, and I love the Enduro format,but damn does it cost a lot!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Not the cheapest one day enduro but not the most expensive. £45 for 4 laser timed stages. I am happy to pay that for a well run race, Mini Enduros are always great fun with a good selection of trails. Can’t wait for Sunday.

P.S QECP enduro’s with still be one of the cheapest in the UK in 2015.

maxtorque

mrhoppy
    I keep thinking I should enter

Me too, and then i’m shaken back to reality when i realise i can’t ride for toffee and for me to enter an Enduro, would, quite frankly, be embarrassing 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

They just put on Facebook there’s only 30 spaces left so maxtorque if you get a mad rush of blood to the head and decide to sign up now is the time 😉

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ll be there. It should be a good one. Eastridge always delivers as a venue. The locals have been there constantly for the past month and their night rides all happened to be there this week…

scottfitz
    Free Member

The locals have been there constantly for the past month and their night rides all happened to be there this week…

Same applies to every race/venue.
    I know when we tape out the stage we always put in little bus stops and old lines that have been short cut out over the years.
    Just to mess up the locals 😈

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

They aren’t cheap to enter, especially when you also consider you can ride Eastridge for free. And, well, with Strava, you can also just ride the stages and see how you fare anyway, right?!

As I said above though, at Caersws I came last yet here I am having another go. Why? Because, if you enjoy riding, enjoying pushing yourself outside your comfort zone, enjoy competing with yourself and others then you have to try at least one event.

Coming rock bottom didn’t bother me one bit – I rode stuff I had no right to be riding on the bike I had at the time, I fell off and laughed about it, and the rush of adrenaline you get on Stage 1 of your first race has got to be experienced.

A bit like riding in the Alps, getting out and doing a race will make you a better rider if nothing else and, if you are going to do one for the first time, the Mini Enduro series is ideal – I might do a UKGE round next year but don’t underestimate how physically demanding a full weekend’s riding is. Combine it with mental tiredness after 3 or 4 stages of full on concentration and it’s a good workout!

Can’t wait for Sunday!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Try one at night next 😉 snorkelsucker
    [video]http://vimeo.com/98078674[/video]

mulv1976
    Free Member

Coming rock bottom didn’t bother me one bit – I rode stuff I had no right to be riding on the bike I had at the time, I fell off and laughed about it, and the rush of adrenaline you get on Stage 1 of your first race has got to be experienced.

I agree with this – it’s more about enjoying it and you will hopefully get better. I rode my first race of any sort at the UKGE at Dyfi. I came 100th out of 110 and fell off more times than I can remember, but I loved it and I’ll be doing some more next year.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

There was a night enduro at Llandegla which I missed earlier in the year, so hoping there will be another one in a few months time.

Given that I can ride from home to the trails there, I should be able to ride them with my eyes closed but race pace in the dark would definitely be a challenge!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Really good race, I enjoyed this one. Loved the finish in the field too. I will defiantly be doing the next one at FoD. 4 in Hardtails too for second min endure in a row at lest i’m consistent.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Mini Enduro @ Eastridge this sunday’ is closed to new replies.