Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mid-height walking boot/shoe that can also be used on MTB
  • gaz552
    Free Member

I know this question has been asked before, but prices change and some models no longer exist so;
    What’s a good Mid-height walking boot/shoe that is comfortable for walking a few off road miles in and can also be comfortable and decent enough to be used on MTB.

Really don’t want to spend more than £100, waterproof isn’t a high priority but probably a nice extra (though I think waterproof ones tend to be much hotter).

Anyhow, any suggestions of what is currently a good buy?

MSP

xa pro 3d mid?

debaser

Have done a couple of combined bikepacking and hillwalking trips in five ten exum guides. Pretty good on flat pedals with decent pins and very good on rocky terrain when walking and scrambling.

Not very waterproof, and pretty rubbish on wet grassy ground as they have quite a rounded edge compared to something with a vibram walking boot sole, but they seem like a pretty good compromise to me.

lister

I’ve had a couple of pairs of Keen mid-height boots that I’ve done a lot of riding in.
    They’ve been really good. Targhee II is one model, can’t remember the other model but they make lots that look similiar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mid-height walking boot/shoe that can also be used on MTB’ is closed to new replies.