Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Meteor over Newcastle just now………
  • Shackleton

Too big and flying too straight to be a firework, headed vaguely WSW.

Anybody else see it or do I really need to put the beer down and get some sleep?

gnusmas

Was just about to post the same thing, just seen it flying across the sky (northerly direction to me but heading WSW also) in West Wales, quite spectacular to watch!!!

B_Leach
    Free Member

Yup, my Facebook has just had a lot of sightings in the south yorkshire area!

boxelder

I saw a massive and very impressive shooting star about 40 mins ago over Keswick- same thing?

Shackleton

Thank god for that, I thought I was going to have to give up the booze! I only saw it for 10 seconds or so over the southern horizon but it was beautiful, absolutely incredible to see. Bonfire night has a lot to live up to after that.

We are close to the airport flight path so wasn’t sure whether it was a meteor or something gone horribly wrong…………

bencooper
    Free Member

Also seen in Barrhead, apparently – though Bawheid on a Friday night it could be anything…

mattupnorth
    Free Member

I saw it in Sheffield at 11! so that’s pretty quick.

druidh
    Free Member

mattupnorth
    Free Member

john_drummer
    Free Member

satellite coming down?

or maybe HG Wells was right

mrplow
    Free Member

Saw this in perth, others spotted it in east kilbride and leigh. Wonder what it was?

druidh
    Free Member
    Bregante

trout taken up hand gliding?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Seen in notts too

footflaps

Nice Triffid pic druidh!

yunki
    Free Member

that meteor photo looks remarkably like one that is being published online as being taken in Buckfastleigh, Devon..!

MrFart
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6BZF8dhYJI&feature=share&list=UU47jT7y6jrEerZAw8JMHn4Q[/video]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Meteor over Newcastle just now………’ is closed to new replies.