Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Merino Base Layers – Quick Drying
  • Frankers
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of merino base layers which I use regularly in colder months and also when riding, normally under a Gore soft shell jacket or short sleeved jersey. I have tops from Icebreaker, Smartwool & Embers and love them all

I have noticed though at the pub stop after a ride they do hold onto sweat and take a while to dry out, it’s never caused much discomfort though as the pub usually has the fire on to keep warm.

Just recently though I’ve tried a new “Core-Merino” base-layer from Embers which has a Merino inner and a Polyester outer, the difference in warmth (when stopped riding) and how quick it dries out compared to pure merino is fantastic.

EMBERS

If you’re looking for a winter riding base-layer these are definitely worth a go. The fit is also slightly less baggy than merino due to a small amount of elastane.

My pure merino tops will now only be used for when it gets a bit warmer and other none riding activities.

scotroutes

Ground Effect Submerino is similar and has been around for years. Helly Hansen also do a mixed-fibre top. There are probably others.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Ground effect make the best stuff IMO. Love my Baked Alaska!

iainc

I have an old Baked Alaska thats been through the wars, but still remains one of my fave bits of riding kit !

MoreCashThanDash

I find bamboo base layers dry quicker than merino, the Aldi t-shirt last month is proving a bargain

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Another Ground Effect fan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Merino Base Layers – Quick Drying’ is closed to new replies.