Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mercedes w123 any owner on here
  • elma
    Free Member

I think I’m gonna make the leap and buy a b reg estate 200t
    Any advice would b appreciated. What are part prices like and availability and are they easy to work on.

Thanks

bearnecessities

CFH in 3….2….1

mcmoonter
    Free Member

They are a bit of a handful in multi-storey car parks

Kryton57

bearnecessities – Member
    CFH in 3….2….1

I would have thought CFH is more onto being driven…

joeegg
    Free Member

I had a W123 250 saloon auto with the straight six engine.My dad had the 200 model.
    The 200 felt a bit underpowered for the weight of the body. He ran it for a lot of years with no mechanical problems whatsoever until rust started around the wheel arches.My 250 was immaculate and the previous owner had kept EVERY bill including fuel,tolls etc.No mechanical problems at all while i had it,although it was heavy on fuel.
    A recent episode of wheeler dealers had them doing up a W123 230 and the prices for parts were dirt cheap. A pattern wing was just 20 odd quid. Steering boxes going giving a wooly feel to the steering seems common.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My driver has a long wheelbase 7 series BMW, as it happens! (Well, the nice man who ferries me to and from the airport on work trips does, anyway!)

As above, though, they’re ace! Start with a good one, obviously, as there are some hyper-miler dogs out there. Parts are cheap, and they are mechanically simple cars overall. Changing lights for example, is a delight compared to modern cars. They are, however, BIG cars. Big, lumbering autobahn-stormers. Great for that, but remember that they don’t half wallow around on the twisty stuff.

bearnecessities

My driver has a long wheelbase 7 series BMW, as it happens!

Oh, piss off!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 Thought you’d like that! (He’s very good though, so if anyone needs a private hire vehicle in North Hampshire, will happily pass on his details!)

br
    Free Member

My driver has a long wheelbase 7 series BMW, as it happens! (Well, the nice man who ferries me to and from the airport on work trips does, anyway!)

Years ago I used to use a driver that ran an Omega for a while, then he got the same car as yours. He quickly worked out it wasn’t cheap. He said his prices were going up as he had a classier car – they doubled.

I moved to a man with a s/h Merc, at the Omega prices.

JulianA
    Free Member

mcmoonter – Member
    They are a bit of a handful in multi-storey car parks

http://youtu.be/L78AwbNthF8

I think you’ll find that that is a W108 not a W123. Dreadful act of vandalism. Beautiful car.

Check out what MercedesSource has to say on YouTube about old Mercs. “There’s nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes”. That said, the W123 is lovely… You will probably find that some parts are surprisingly cheap and that some are just the opposite!

Check all the usual things that you would with any old – and the youngest W123 is now 30 years old – car.

How much are you looking at paying?

Edit – recently saw a W123 taxi still in daily use! (300TD)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mercedes w123 any owner on here’ is closed to new replies.