Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Merc SLK 230
  • geoffj

Apart from the obvious hairdressing jokes, what are the thoughts on these?

Seem to be able to pick up a semi decent one for sub 3k. I quite fancy one for the summer.

Whaddya reckon?

tonyg2003

Quite robust engines and roof mech. Just watch out for rust on any Merc of that age.

Kryton57

Short back and sides please.

leffeboy

Shouldn’t that be ‘something off the top sir?’

geoffj

👿 except Tony

Kevevs
    Free Member

Never really understood what’s so terrible about hairdressers that you’d hate to be associated with them by car. Odd.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think you’d look lovely in one.

geoffj

Never really understood what’s so terrible about hairdressers that you’d hate to be associated with them by car. Odd.

Who said anything about not wanting to be associated with hair dressers? Odd interpretation.

geoffj

I think you’d look lovely in one.

*flutters eye lashes

Kevevs
    Free Member

always thought “hairdresser’s car” was a put down no? as in, well you don’t want to look like one of those “haiiirdressers” ooh, limp wrist! Never got the whole Hairdresser/car thing. anyway, as you were..

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Look at… Worldclassaccident 🙂

Have fun!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How old would it be. The first version SLK was rubbish, the second generation is ok, but not a great sports car, but certainly not bad.

savagegti
    Free Member

decent cars but expensive to run/own. Do yourself a favour get an mx5 Despite hairdresser jokes its best sporstcar for your money bar none.

Edukator
    Free Member

Just make sure it’s got all the options; a peroxide blond wig, dark glasses and a poodle.

earl_brutus

Nice cars the mk1 is good in a straight line but no porsche boxter in the bends. Im fancying a 350 55plate as soon as i can rustle together 8k mk 2 which have much better handling. Can recommend mk 2 mx5 as well. I dont cut hair for a living tho!

geoffj

Cheers guys.
    My daily driver is a double cab pickup – any handling improvement would be welcome.
    I don’t want an MX5 – I’m not sure why, but I don’t.
    Something German, silver and topless just appeals!

CountZero

Something for the weekend, sir?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Merc SLK 230’ is closed to new replies.