Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Memory card for a Gopro
  • slowclimb
    Free Member

The youngster is getting a Gopro (the £99 one) for Christmas and I just remembered I need to get a memory card for it.
    Does anybody know what type to get and is there one you would recommend/avoid?
    Before you ask…the box is at home and I could google it but I know I’ll get a quicker and more reliable answer on here 🙂

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Micro sd got one from staples the other day 16gb class 10 6quid with a usb reader, I bought two. Cheap as chips.

stevied
    Free Member

I got a Samsung 32GB microSD off Amazon for about £13. Class 10..

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

As above, it wants to be a class 10 MicroSD.

In my experience, it’s worth paying a bit more for one from a brand you’ve heard of, as cheap Chinese ‘class 10’ is not necessarily the same as actual class 10.

slowclimb
    Free Member

Brilliant cheers chaps, I knew Singletrack wouldnt let me down 🙂

sillyoldman

GoPro recommend SanDisk as being most reliable.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The faster the better – saves the GoPro buffering, makes things like saving photos faster etc.

At least Class 10 for the camera but an ‘ultra’ will transfer to the PC faster if you use a card reader.

I find a couple of smaller ones better than one big one – less footage to trawl through, and a spare card in case of loss, corruption or leaving one at home in the card reader 😉

http://www.mymemory.co.uk very good but delivery now might be pushing it

Sandisk or Lexar from here:
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve used a Sandisk one and a cheapy one. The cheapy one struggles at 1080p and will only record 6-8 seconds before crashing. The Sandisk has been fine (and needs to go back to its actual owner 😳 )

Cougar

Life is too short to use cheap memory cards. I always buy SanDisk by choice, but you shouldn’t go too far wrong with a ‘known’ brand from a reputable supplier.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Memory card for a Gopro’ is closed to new replies.