Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Mayweather Ortiz crazy crazy ending
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Find this on youtube for one of the most bizarre endings to a fight.

I still dont know what to make of it.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdd5imGhTI4[/video]

Bizarre

Garry_Lager

Ref had a nightmare there – chaos. Although I think it was Cortez wasn’t it who is very experienced.

Seems most people are blaming Mayweather because he’s such an arsehole in general. But Ortiz has planted a blatant headbutt on him and then wants to give him a hug? LOL – doesn’t work like that son.

But basically the ref’s the one to blame there IMHO.

Junkyard
    Free Member

keep you hands up is the message kids but it is an unsporting way to end it by mayweather but he had just been headbutted so i guess its “fair”

wrightyson
    Free Member

Fair my arse!!! As you said he’d got hands down and was attempting to touch gloves!

warton
    Free Member

Ortiz sticks the head on Mayweather, and then tries to hug him after the ref restarts the fight. Got exactly what he deserved IMO.

mudshark
    Free Member

Ortiz was looking strong so Mayweather took his chance. A win’s a win.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I presume he got what he deserved by the points deduction!! It’s boxing I know, but it’s not mma ffs! It was a total cheap shot by mayweather!!

Garry_Lager

If the ref has restarted the fight and you want to keep your hands down then that’s your problem. Protect yourself at all times is the #1 rule of boxing.

Obviously Ortiz wasn’t clear on the restart, which lies with the ref. Although watching it again I’m not even sure the ref is to blame as they sort of come together and Ortiz is all about hugs? V odd.

warton
    Free Member

the ref had restarted the fight. touch gloves yeah, don’t try and get off with him

transapp
    Free Member

I’d have done the same. In fact I have in a TKD tournament. Got a kick to my nuts followed by an attempted hug straight after the restart (time out for me to blub like a baby). I pushed my oponent away and followed with a head kick to win by a knockout. No one watching thought I’d done the wrong thing.
    If it’s restarted, fights on. No need to touch gloves if you don’t want to (and the ref doesn’t insist) let alone hug.

catsplums
    Free Member

Totally agree with the two comments above, ref clearly restarted

Woody
    Free Member

Quite clear that the fight was on, so if he wanted a hug it had to be mutual. Possibly not the most sporting way to end it but having just been head butted I don’t blame Mayweather, or the ref for that matter.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Going to be a lot of hype for a rematch. I would sooner see Mayweather Vs Pacquiao.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s boxing I know, but it’s not mma ffs!

Eh?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Possibly not the most sporting way to end

Understatement of the year?

Mayweather lowered himself to the same level as Ortiz with that shot. Both showed a calculated lack of respect, arguably Mayweather showing less respect as Ortiz could be argued to have let leash with the butt in the ‘heat of the moment’ whereas Mayweather had time to consider his cheap shot.

Totally unsporting in both counts, at least Ortiz tried emphatically to apologise, but deserved to be beaten.
    My ‘respect’ for Mayweather is deflated x500

‘a win’s a win?’
    seriously? Must remember that when I meet Maradonna.

uplink
    Free Member

Mayweather made it perfectly clear directly after the head but that he wasn’t up for the man love stuff
    They touched gloves twice again after that

It was also clear that Mayweather wasn’t reciprocating the cuddles after the fight had started again

higgo
    Free Member

The fight’s restarted. One boxer hits the other.
    Isn’t that what boxers do?

Sawyer
    Free Member

I really do not know what to make of that.

Here’s a better video:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHIUpWnr8E4[/video]

It’s a blatant headbutt, and looks nasty. Not sure what the ref was playing at to be honest, if you’ve restarted the fight you don’t let Ortiz hug Mayweather, surely? And if you haven’t restarted it then it’s a cheap shot.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ortiz should have remembered he was in a boxing match.

Mayweather was just Mayweather.

mudshark
    Free Member

‘a win’s a win?’
    seriously? Must remember that when I meet Maradonna

Yep seriously.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Mayweather Ortiz crazy crazy ending’ is closed to new replies.