Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maxxis Minion DHR2 on the front…which way round?
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Hoping that my DHR2’s arrive tomorrow.

Just wondering what way round to run the front one…the same way as the rear or switched round the other way? A chap on MTBR a reckons it’s best to run the front one the other way round. Seeing as there are a few on here using them as front tyres I thought I’d see what the concensus was.

rickon
    Free Member

Can’t see why you’d run it back to front, the braking edge and rolling edge would be the wrong way around. All I’ve heard of it cutting some of the knobs down.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The normal reason for turning backs round is the drive knobs work better as braking/grip ones the other way round. Not seen the new one, try it and report back

rickon
    Free Member

The normal reason for turning backs round is the drive knobs work better as braking/grip ones the other way round

That doesn’t make any sense to me, if that was true then Maxxis have ballsed up and made the DHF the wrong way round all these years.

DHR2 on the right, DHF on the left.

Run the bloody tyre the right way round, and stop listening to the internet 😉

chiefgrooveguru

Definitely the same way around or the braking bits on the side knobs will be the wrong way around, as will the ramps on the centre blocks – you can trim the outer edges off the wide central braking blocks to open a wider channel for more cornering grip in loose conditions but I haven’t tried that myself, they’re great as is.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Brill, cheers chaps.

That’s what I thought. Will be interesting to see what they’re like given the reviews I’ve read (I hate the old DHR, dreadful thing).

ticsmon

I agree with mikewsmith, try it and report back if you don’t die

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Minion DHR2 on the front…which way round?’ is closed to new replies.