Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mavic ksyrium elite (old) – new rims?
  • twosheds
    Free Member

Got a old set of the above wheels. Running nice and smooth, but they need new rims. Where can I get a set? I think they are the 2008 model, might even be earlier. Seems a shame to bin then…….

Thanks in anticipation,

TS

taxi25
    Free Member

Recently got a rim for a 2010 ksyrium sl. Was told you can’t get them for wheels much older than that. You’ll need to go to a lbs that does Mavic stuff and ask if they can order some.

trail_rat
    Free Member

long since sold out ime – they were 90 quid each and invariably they needed new spokes as the old ones would be solid

add in the metal spoke key as the plastic one they give you is not suitable

and your getting close to a new set at bargain prices – do not underestimate the cost of mavic spokes – used to come in packs of “sides” at a cost of 40 quid.

on the plus side – very easy wheel to build if you can get hold of the spares. We ended up getting some of the last ones from CRC as mavic couldnt supply them and didnt foresee them coming back into stock.

twosheds
    Free Member

Thanks guys, not looking too good for a new rim! 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

long since sold out ime – they were 90 quid each and invariably they needed new spokes as the old ones would be solid

This. That stopped me buying Ksyriums a couple of times when I was offered good deals on sets.

ninfan
    Free Member

Should be available for 5 years after last year of production

The spares aren’t that badly priced, but IMO shops take the piss in expecting over 100% mark on spare parts (i.e. replacement rim costs about £40 trade)

trail_rat
    Free Member

are you trade nin – my experiance in says they are far from 40 quid trade to your average shop + postage (from france) +VAT

how ever if you have a source for 40 quid delivered to my shop with the vat paid ill happily take in my mates wheels and rebuild them 😉

twosheds
    Free Member

Ive spent a bit of time trying to track down older rims, no luck I’m afraid.

247cycleshop
    Free Member

Mavic Ksyrium Elite 2009 rims are sill available.

Are your wheels Black or Silver?
    If they are black, are the Mavic M7 rim nipples black or silver?

Neil

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mavic ksyrium elite (old) – new rims?’ is closed to new replies.