Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Maverick ML8 pics please..
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Any owners or former owners, let’s see some pics. Just bought one, and boy am I glad to be back on a Maverick again!!! 😀

beaker

Pics and name please!

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

No pics, but having had mine for 5 years now, I have no intension of changing it anytime soon.
    Beauty is – I know – in the eye of the beholder, but I just don’t see any modern bike looking quite as good.

vondally
    Free Member

that is my last one Bingo after riding from luchon to superbagneres then luchon up and back down. Sold on and still missed. Also owned Xavier, cosette a ml7.5 .
    Looking back why did i sell any of them 😥

mboy
    Free Member

5 Pages full of Maverick Pictures here… Be sure to add yours!

Here’s my Durance, though spec has changed a little since this photo…

vinnyeh

Aw, I’m jealous now.
    Pretty good price, assuming it’s the frame off of ebay. Think I might have to look out for one now. 🙂

Have you got duc32’s?

loddrik
    Free Member

Just bought some more DUCs today, I’ve only just sold some too!!!

No pics yet, will have some next week.

Aye, was the one on eBay, a cracking price it was too..!

Also managed to locate a Speedball. 😀

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Hi loddrik,

Just mailed you about another ML8 on ebay today, didn’t realise you were sorted.

Matt ML7 owner and in the market for another Maverick, I want a white one with blue graphics please.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

IMG_0085 by maffmtb, on Flickr

Maverick now with SC32 forks and that’s my front garden now 😀

Sorry only a ML7.

sofaking
    Free Member

[/url] P1020328 by Matt Hampshire, on Flickr[/img]

this_wreckage
    Free Member

mboy: 5 Pages full of Maverick Pictures here… Be sure to add yours!

Mines on there! I’m assuming you must be markyboy who I’ve just replied to.

And congratulations loddrik! Out of interest, why did you sell and then re-purchase a different DUC32? Are there performance variances in models/ model years as I thought there was only one?

loddrik
    Free Member

I sold my old frame in the hope of getting another Mav, I had given up hope so bought another frame which wasn’t really compatible with the DUC’s so moved them on. Then the ML8 came up and I knew the best forks for it were some more DUC’s so it was a no brainer really.

mboy
    Free Member

Sorry only a ML7.

Yeah, but a rather nice ML7 though… 😉

Glad you’ve still got it and are having as much fun on it as I did.

Mines on there! I’m assuming you must be markyboy who I’ve just replied to.

Aye, sadly not the trail I thought it was… You’re a fair bit north of me.

tommmm
    Free Member

Have they stopped making them? Don’t seem to hear as much about them in the mags etc. these days.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

I don’t think they change the range/models too often therefore excluding them from the majority of marketing catalogues. Sorry, magazines.

Seems as a bike company you have to ‘upgrade’ your models annually regardless of how good it already was, otherwise no one cares (and it doesn’t sell mags) 🙄

tommmm
    Free Member

Ah right, are they still as good as they always were in them olden days then?

loddrik
    Free Member

If the product was so right to begin with, why change it for the sake of it. Same for the Ellsworth Epiphany, stayed the same for years, and just a small evolution when it was updated slightly.

mboy
    Free Member

Ah right, are they still as good as they always were in them olden days then?

As they’ve not changed the models in a few years, they are no better, or no worse (depending on your opinion on them) than they ever were…

I don’t think they change the range/models too often therefore excluding them from the majority of marketing catalogues. Sorry, magazines.

Seems as a bike company you have to ‘upgrade’ your models annually regardless of how good it already was, otherwise no one cares (and it doesn’t sell mags)

The UK market is a LOT more fickle than the US market it would seem in that respect. I spoke directly with Ethan from Maverick via email a few years ago as I was trying to source my current frame and they no longer had any direct routes into the UK at the time, he told me that Maverick had really struggled over here as it is expected of a bike manufacturer to have a new model range every single year, with corresponding upgrades, whereas in the states that is not so much the case apparently.

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

how do you all cope with the awful forks?

tommmm
    Free Member

Anyone got a durance? Or is that not the done thing…

mboy
    Free Member

how do you all cope with the awful forks?

By being such a crap rider that the forks are still infinitely better than me! 😉

In all seriousness though, awful because…? They can take a fair bit of trial and error to get setup correctly, and they usually come slightly underfilled with oil from the factory so tend to dive a bit more than ideal, but it’s all quickly sorted if you know how.

Anyone got a durance? Or is that not the done thing…

You didn’t see my bike further up in the link then? 😉

I’ll post a better pic… Though it’s no longer exactly the same spec…

tommmm
    Free Member

Haha. Very nice, though that seat tube does look terrifying.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Good buy – almost bid for that myself as they come up so rarely I fancied keeping my current one in XC ish guide and builing a burlier one with some Totems!

Here’s Vondally’s old Bingo!

BadlyWiredDog

5 Pages full of Maverick Pictures here… Be sure to add yours!

Ah, just put my ML7 back, the original image had gone wherever it is old images go on the interweb. He’s called Ego, he’s an ML7 and mostly these days, just goes racing… XTR, light wheels etc, a whisker over 23lb with pedals and still fast enough…

vondally
    Free Member

ahhh Bingo great bike looking good there….recognise from mtbr forum 😀

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

hughjayteens – you sure your seatpost is the right way round?

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Well spotted! It’s fitted in a layforward stylee as the charge spoon saddle flexes quite a lot and was triggering the drop mechanism! This way round the lever is at the back and it’s fine. Also puts less stress on the bushes as the load will be a little more direct.

loddrik
    Free Member

Well, the new frames name is……

Dudley FFS!!!!

mboy
    Free Member

LOL

Where do you live? Be awesome if you lived in Dudley! 😉

My Durance is called Medusa, pretty cool I think. Hasn’t (or didn’t he have) Hughjayteens got one called Baldrick?

vinnyeh

Well, the new frames name is……

Dudley FFS!!!!

damned sight better than the one you sold me- Grezelda- hell, they couldn’t even spell the name right.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ahh yes, Grezelda, I miss that frame…

Garry_Lager

Would really like to try a Maverick – I heard they don’t have a UK distributor anymore? Crying out for a lefty on something like the durance – that would be a hell of a bike.

vondally
    Free Member

i briefly also owned Grezelda, bloody hell i ahve owned a few mavericks

loddrik
    Free Member

For them wot wos interested….

chipps

I must get my ML7 back up together. It’s only missing a rear brake…
    It’s now nearly ten years old I reckon. It’s called ‘Aholic’ which makes it the eighth production model I reckon (Aardvark, Ab… Ac… Ad… etc)

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Loddrik – what forks are you running? I have DUC32s on mine but have started riding downhill with a bit more vengeance recently so fancy something a little longer to slacken it off like a 160mm Talas 36.

My ML75 was called Baldrick – now owned by a mate of mine who’s ridden it twice in the last year!

shinsplints

My eyes…………….. 😆

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Maverick ML8 pics please..’ is closed to new replies.