Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mattress….again
  • jimfrandisco
    Free Member

I know there’s other thread about lady name mattresses etc, but i’m just confused by the types available and what difference any it actually makes.
    I get memory foam but what about pocket sprung, iGel, open coil, medical foam etc – does it make any difference if pocket sprung or open coil or is it just a case of what’s comfortable it comfortable?

We want an ottoman for the storage so that’s Ikea out and frame from one place plus mattress from another starts pushing costs up significantly so we’re probably just going to march into Bensons for Beds, but knowing a bit about different types might help.

cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

The spring tech makes a big difference. I find memory foam way to hot. Pocket sprung is good for comfort and is really good if you sleep with a partner. They can move around without you feeling it.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

This is one of those things where you really do have to go and try them yourself. Memory foam are big at the moment but just don’t work for me. I feel too “sunken” in them and that just aggravates my back. I prefer a firmer bed and so we tend to go for pocket sprung. Also depends whether there is a difference in preference between you and your partner. If there is then there will ned to be some compromise along the way. You will not necessarily get the best deal by visiting Bensons or Dreams. You may get conveneicen though. We have a local bed store that is great. A good range of mattresses and options and their pricing is reasonably competitive and always way cheaper than Dreams (which is on the retail park nearly opposite them). We bought the frame separately (we got it through thefurnituremarket.co.uk, good build, reasonable price) and just bought the mattress from our local bed shop. Bought a few mattresses from them and have no reason to not go back to them (Abingdon Beds, since you asked. 🙂 )

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

We’re just down the road in Wallingford so will try Abingdon beds first. Thanks for the tip off.
    Sounds like pocket sprung is the way to go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mattress….again’ is closed to new replies.