Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mast Cell Tumors in Cats
  • JoeG
    Free Member

Anybody know anything about them?

Just as I was about to go to bed (I’m in the US) I noticed something odd on my little female cat. I thought there was some food stuck in her fur near her whiskers, so picked her up and tried to wipe it off. She put up a bit of a fuss and I looked closer. My first thought was it was an engorged tick or something. So I got the tweezers. Then I realized that it didn’t look like a tick, but was skin.

Some internet searching for cat cancer and such led me to some info on mast cell tumors. The one on her looks like the photos I saw online. I’ll call the vet first thing in the AM, but I’m sure that they’re swamped right before Christmas! She just had a checkup last month, too…

Now I’m going to try to go to sleep, but I’m, not optimistic that I’ll sleep well. 🙁

Cougar

Ugh. I’ve nothing to add but, sorry dude. Poor thing.

JoeG
    Free Member

Well, I have a vet appointment this morning. I guess we’ll see…

JoeG
    Free Member

Good news; no cancer! 😀 It was an effing huge tick. 😳

I’ve had a lot of ticks on myself, but this was 10x bigger than I ever pulled off of me.

In my defense, I just found it at midnight, and a growling squirming long haired cat isn’t the best patient.

jamj1974

Cool result!

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Glad to hear all is well!

CountZero

Glad to hear all is well!

I’ll bet the cat’s pretty chuffed to have something like that removed as well!
    Good result all round, Happy Christmas! 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Great news 😀

mightymule
    Free Member

Very glad to hear this 8)

JoeG
    Free Member

Thanks, everyone. Vet upset routine, cat got a shot, has slept all day…

euans2
    Free Member

Glad to hear the news, I was going to say “dont jump to conclusions” these things more often than naught end up being nothing.

slimjim78
    Free Member

A tick is not just for christmas..

JoeG
    Free Member

When I told the vet that I spent over an hour after midnight reading up on cat cancer and other such stuff, she said something like “that’s why you should ask us, not Google.”

I replied, “well your practice wasn’t open at midnight last night or I would have!”

cranberry
    Free Member

Good to hear that the cat is now tickety-boo.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mast Cell Tumors in Cats’ is closed to new replies.