Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Marzocchi Bomber Z2 – 2024 edition, any owners?
  • fatmountain
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if any STWers are running a set of Marzocchi Bombers Z2s?

They generally get good reviews, but most reviews came from 2020, and they look different to these:

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/marzocchi-bomber-z2-29-grip-sweep-adj-tapered-boost?number=20136899-40370471

(or maybe they’re just the same but with new decals?).

Anyone got or had a pair? I’m looking good reliability and solid performance.

I mainly ride local trails and not downhill or anything technical. 100mm.

Thanks,

FM

weeksy

All the bits look the same as my earlier ones. However i’ve not ridden the bike yet 😀

kelvin

Just new decals, IIRC.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looks like new decals to me.

I like mine  (2022), I’d maybe tweak the setup slightly if they were fully adjustable, but can get close enough that I don’t  think I’ll actually go any faster with an upgrade.  IMO they feel slightly softer in the high speed compression than the Fox (that’s what I’d change if I could) but that might just be that mine are now thoroughly bedded in.

Heavier uppers

Bushings can’t be replaced in the lowers

The damper doesn’t click (not really a problem IME, 2 o’clock for fun, all-on for the fire road but some people probably like to know how many clicks that is).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Having said all that good stuff about them. For £500+ I’d just get Fox 34’s.

The Z2’s only a good fork if it’s cheaper than the cheapest Fox 34 which it’s loosely based on and you can pick those up in the sales for £300 if you wait around for an offer.

niel11
    Free Member

I think they’re identical to the current z2’s. I sent my Z2’s for a warranty repair and they replaced the lowers, when they returned they looked just like the 2024 forks you’ve got there.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The Fox 34 Rhythm are slightly lighter, come with foam rings, better seals, replaceable bushings and can be setup with 100 to 150mm with a new air spring (same on as the Z2)

jeffl

So much son’s bike came with them. I’ve not ridden fox forks for comparison but I’d say this fit somewhere between a rockshox revelation and a pike when I’ve had a play with them.

He seems happy enough with them.

fatmountain
    Free Member

How about these? Any reason not to buy? They’re not much more:

(currently in Spain)

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Fox-Racing-Shox/32-Float-SC-29-GRIP-Performance-Suspension-Fork-2022-Model-p83084/

Gribs

I’m very happy with the set I got from Wiggle last year for £180. A couple of mates seem impressed with the ones that came on the £400 Vitus Sentier VR.  As they were so cheap there’s a few unused ones on ebay with people looking to make a profit. They’re still cheap though and the travel can be changed with a Fox 34 rhythm air shaft.

fatmountain
    Free Member

Gribs, the ones I’m looking at in Spain are over 500 euros, so not so cheap.

fatmountain
    Free Member

I just got some Fox 32’s for 250 quid ! Can’t wait!

zerocool

Does anyone know if the bushes are replaceable on the Z2? The last I heard was that they couldn’t be replaced when they wore out. But I never managed to actually get any official answer when I emailed Fox last year.

niel11
    Free Member

Nope, I spoke them about something elseand they mentioned in conversation that they can’t be replaced (Apparently they tried and wrecked a set of lowers in the process).

I think a new set of lowers are about £200.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.