Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Marzocchi All Mountain 3 2005 – Travel Adjust???
  • evel_kneivel
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone here knows if it would be possible to extend the travel of my forks by removing the black plastic spacers you can see below the springs. Forks are currently at 110mm.

I know these forks were available with different amounts of travel but I am unsure whether the stantions for each model would have been different lengths.

Any help would be much appreciated.

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

I fail at posting photos, here is the link…

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5247043/

I_Ache
    Free Member

My brother has some AM3s and they were 130mm when new but I removed a couple of spacers that look like the ones in the pic and they are now at 150mm.

Im just looking for the manual now.

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply, I`ve got the manual but there is no mention of removing/adding spacers to adjust travel.

I_Ache
    Free Member

There used to be a tech manual online but I cant find it. Are you sure they are set at only 110mm? I would expect another 30mm or so of spacers if they are the same ones that can go to 150mm too. Unless they only did them 110-130 and some different uppers/internals for the 130-150s.

Take them out and give it a go what's the worst that can happen?

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

Hmmm, I would have said it could get quite messy if it went wrong…

Mine are definately at 110mm. I reckon stantions might well be different lengths for each model.

Cheers for your help anyway.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Doubt the stanchions are different lengths, I'd do it for sure. Same method of lowering/increasing the travel on my z1's

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi All Mountain 3 2005 – Travel Adjust???’ is closed to new replies.