Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Marzocchi 55 R
  • Vinte
    Free Member

I’m just about to hit the buy button on some Marzocchi 55 R 2014 Forks. One thing is bothering me. I’m only 10 stone 5 and I’m a little worried about the set up. I don’t really want to have to mess around changing springs. Has anyone got any experience with this fork? All my previous forks have been air sprung.

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

E-mail Windwave, the UK distributor and ask them. They reply really quickly.

Vinte
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll give that a go.

scruff
    Free Member

I have some 2012 55 CRs, if they are the same its a standard spring and all preload is done by air.

gonzy
    Free Member

i have the 2013 55Cr and they are as Scruff says above.
    OP i am about the same weight as you and they are fine for me. cant remember what psi i run the forks at though!!

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Pre-load adjustment only has a small range and won’t help a lot if your spring is way off the correct weight. Not saying that the standard spring isn’t right for 10 1/2 stone but I’d have thought a standard spring would be suitable for a higher average weight, just sayin’.

gonzy
    Free Member

generally most marzocchi forks run a slightly softer spring as standard to keep them feeling plush…or at least they have been on all the ones i’ve owned…(i think the current ones are my 9th pair) this can be rectified by increasing the preload in the air cartidge.
    like i said i weigh the same as the OP and the standard spring on my forks are fine. all the OP needs to do is get the correct air preload and rebound and he will be fine.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

+1, 55’s come with quite a light spring, lighter than a Rockshox medium, for example. The air preload is designed to be necessary for the majority of riders.

You’ll be fine.

Vinte
    Free Member

Well, in the end I went for some 2013 Marzocchi 55 switch TAs. £566 from CRC. Good price I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55 R’ is closed to new replies.