Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Martin McGuinness
  • wallace1492
    Free Member

Hedgehopper – Member

Can you give an example of the British Army blowing members of the IRA up please Junkyard? Don’t seem to remember that

Gibralter? Bloody Sunday? Shot in cold blood. There were mistakes on both sides. There are many, many instances of this type of conflict thoughout the world and throughout time. It either ends in brutal represssion and overwhelming force (Sri Lanka) or the much better solution of a negotiated settlement, with concessions given on both sides. After that it takes time to heal the hurt, and to forgive and move on.

I wish both sides all the best and hope it never goes back to the way it was.

Hedgehopper

Agree with your points wallace1492, it was the blown up comment I had picked up on. Then again Junkyard also took the time to explain that the surface to air missiles handed in for decommissioning were unused. I’d like to see how you could hand a used one in…

benfeh
    Free Member

Martin & Gerry are pragmatists. Ulster isn’t what they are interested in any more. They are looking south. They saw that the Queen was warmly welcomed here. Southern Irish men who have been killed in Afghanistan have been buried with full British military honours in the South which would have been unheard of a decade ago. Whatever about the hardline republican minority most Irish people are way way past this nonsense and that hasn’t been lost on the Sinn Fein leadership.

In any case Martin is Deputy First Minister in the North – whether he likes it or not he IS administering British rule in Northern Ireland. The Queen IS his head of state. He needs to shut up and get on with representing all the people of the north.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it was the blown up comment I had picked up on because even i know that the british soldiers did indeed kill innocent people.

FTFY
    The IRA never killed anyone with plastic bullets is that now “good” of them?
    Seriously what is your point?
    We both sides suffered and both sides killed the innocent and they used different methods to do it.

Then again Junkyard also took the time to explain that the surface to air missiles handed in for decommissioning were unused. I’d like to see how you could hand a used one in…

I am sure there is a reason that Jane’s Information Group noted this and I am sure they will be delighted to explain it to you if you ask them. A reasonable point if somewhat petulantly made.

enfht
    Free Member

A head of state will generally allow anyone to pay homage, whereas McGuinness greeting the British Monarch must be difficult for Republicans and could even feel like defeat to some of them 😀

Cougar

Just saw this on TV.

I was waiting for Prince Philip to do an impression of Inigo Montoya.

Hedgehopper

Thanks Junkyard but you don’t need to fix any of my comments. There is no good in killing anyone and atrocities were committed by both sides. My simple point was trying to stop slipping inaccuracies into arguments as I don’t believe it helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Martin McGuinness’ is closed to new replies.