Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Marshbrook CRC Marathon
  • pointfive
    Free Member

Is anyone doing the CRC Marshbrook mountain marathon next weekend? Any thought on tyre choices?? Wondering if I should go back to mud tyres or not!

Fantombiker

I’m doing it, but waiting for an update on local conditions…anyone?….the last time I went to this area it was pretty poorly drained on some sections…so i was thinking mud tyre on front and a faster tyre on rear…

ononeorange

Yes, signed up with Mrs O. Tyres are tubeless so will have to go with what I’ve got which is an almost smooth High Roller on the front and an Advantage on the back.

Any condition reports, local riders?

Mounty_73

I was walking around the Mynd over the weekend and it was wet and quite muddy in places.

I would guess it would be worse now because of the ‘extra’ rain.

wolvesdug
    Free Member

My wife is leading a DofE over the long Mynd today and tomorrow so will ask about conditions.

It is pretty wet/Muddy here in Shropshire at the moment.

pointfive
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to hearing some updates from you local peeps nearer the weekend. Sounds like muds might be the way to go though!

wolvesdug
    Free Member

Wife just got back.
    the long Mynd is very wet and muddy.

The water table is very high at the moment, she said she slept in a field of water!!

Good Luck

StefMcDef
    Free Member

My riding buddies are making noises about travelling up to this from the IOW this weekend. Having checked this thread and the forecast for the next couple of days, I’m in the sceptical “conditions must be horrendous” faction.

What do y’all reckon? Too wet to make camping/riding any fun whatsoever?

cakefest
    Free Member

Smashing it down at the moment in Ludlow, 15 miles south and 400m lower.

Wishin’ I Was Lucky.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Marshbrook CRC Marathon’ is closed to new replies.