Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Marin-Trail
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Tomorrow, anyone else doing it?

Not done it years and rather looking forward to it. 8)

jekkyl

have fun mate, it’s great fun. Take some tunes for all those fireroad ascents. Imagine you’re in the 90s and riding a 90s mtb.

Northwind

I loved it… I mean, I can see why it gets some flak but it has some brilliant riding, lovely location, stuff to look at, all that good stuff.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I love the Marin, but CYB for us tomorrow 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Marin is great fun. Not been for a couple of years but I think its overdue a visit.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I like the Marin trail, but then I like peddling 😀 the views are ace!! Last few times I did it, I rode from llanwrst up the road to the start (great leg warmer)

dmorts

The Marin trail convinced me to buy a dropper post. Not because you need one there but it was one of first times I was dropping my saddle for descents and saw the benefits

dmorts

Double (dropper) post

jekkyl

If you’re there into the evening then there is a fantastic curry house just over the bridge from the official start. http://www.asha-balti-house.co.uk/
    Our taxi driver said it is the best curry house in all of north wales. I dunno about that but the list of specials was enormous and we certainly enjoyed our meal.

saxabar
    Free Member

Check the rally isn’t on.

oldnick

Each and every time I go there I cut a tyre, which I don’t anywhere else so think Extrasafe rather than Deluxe micro fine 🙂

SOAP
    Free Member

Was there for the first time earlier this year and loved it. A true classic 🙂

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Rally was on yesterday so all clear, some of the fire roads at the start where used.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Well we had a brill day, back now and ready for beer, was one of the lad first time thee and he raved over it.

Saxabar -rally was on but didn’t affect the trail at all.

Forgot how much fir road descending there was but appart from that I’m on same page as you SOAP. It is a classic.

Right beer time 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Marin-Trail’ is closed to new replies.